Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Slo-Mo video of my Tokarev pistols shooting

• 16-05-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Got a new toy, a Casio Tryx.
    It will shoot video @ 240fps, so I decided to try it out on my Tokarevs to see if the aftermarket compensator really does anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭e04bf0c8

nice video and all but you might want to give a bit more consideration to where those spent shells are going. Wasn't far off hitting the other guy in the face in the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Lock that wrist out.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

e04bf0c8 wrote: »
    nice video and all but you might want to give a bit more consideration to where those spent shells are going. Wasn't far off hitting the other guy in the face in the last one.

Here in the states, its considered pretty much a given that you'll feel some brass at an open range.
    Some ranges give out net screens to catch any ejections heading to your neighbour, but not at this one, so everyone just gets pelted!

These Tokarevs pisotls really really fling brass, like a clear 20 foot up and to the left.

Its a very hot caliber, 7.62x25mm loaded for pistols.
    There's also a lot of SMG ammo out there that's loaded even hotter
    It screams out of the barrel!

5.5 g (85 gr) FMJ 525 m/s (1,720 ft/s) 760 J (560 ft·lbf)

Speed like that will defeat soft armour including level IIIA.
    So stay clear of the muzzle if you come across one in the Leb lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Lock that wrist out.

Thanks Goldie, I need all the pointers I can get, I'm more of a rifle guy, just getting into pistols.
    Feedback so far from the video is that:

I use too much finger, just use the pad of the index finger.
    I grip to low creating more muzzle flip on recoil
    I have ghey wrists!*
    I have fat hands

* hey its the internets populated with mouth breathing fools who think gay guys have floppy wrists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

All fine up until 1:44. After that I'm waiting for either the guy beside in the other lane to have a serious word...or you to put one through your own left wrist.

Nice pistols by the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Don't like Tokarevs, the look I mean. Not that I'll even get to fire one.

As for the spent shells, I remember firing the BAP on the range in Monaghan, it was expected that you get a hot case down your neck, so we all turned up our collars or wore scarves. Despite this I got burned but avoided overreacting unlike my friend Andy who had one get right into his neck. He roared and tried to get it out all the while waving his pistol all over the shop. The rest of us dived for cover and the Sergeant leapt at him and grabbed the gun. He got precious little sympathy I can tell you.:D

Advertisement