Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a fun kids day out in Dublin

Options
  • 16-05-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Just looking for some recommendations here. My OH has got two family members making their First Communion soon and rather than buy them a present or give them money, we figured that we would bring them on a day out somewhere. We are a little stuck for ideas though as we don't have any kids and it's been a while since we were kids ourselves. :o

We were thinking go-karting, bowling, cinema something like that but don't really know of where's good really. They're both boys and of Communion age (8 or 9 methinks).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the zoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I'd love to go to the zoo, but I think they've only been there on a family outing in the last couple of months. Shall have to find some other excuse to go. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

The arc childrens museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 poppie26

National aquatic centre Blanchardstown, really fun day out for all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MyAmber.net

Imaginosity in Sandyford Industrial Estate is great fun, but the boys might be just above the age to get interested in most of stuff there.
    I would give them a call anyway and just ask what they have for guys this age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Viking splash tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a roller disco out at the kylemore luas stop

Cheers for all the suggestions everybody. Will run them past herself and see what she thinks they would enjoy.
    there is a roller disco out at the kylemore luas stop

And I have been many times. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Dead Zoo / Natural History Museum has always been a winner with kids I've taken to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Leprechaun Museum?

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Kids are so eay that you really don't need to spend loads of money for them to have a fun time. If you brough them to the park, had a picnic or played football they'd love it! All kids need is a bit of attention and it's great! If its a rainy day you can't go wrong with the cinemand and ice cream! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, trip out to Malahide Castle to the playground was enough for me back in the day..

Cheers all for the suggestions, we would have been pretty stuck for any ideas of our own. Delighted as it I'd pretty much enjoy everything suggested as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Larianne wrote: »
    The Leprechaun Museum?

That's an interesting place. Good stories that keeps kids interested & some cool rooms (like the giants room). But it only takes up about 30-45 mins at most.

Imaginosity is geared towards 2-9 year olds so they might be a little old for most of the activities there (as mentioned above).

National Aqautic Centre always gets great reviews. I've never heard a single complaint about it. Public transport is not recommended though.

The Wax Museam is pretty good. The older kids will have a blast with the horror rooms, though some of the female wax models are naked from the waist up & there is some fake blood/guts/gore (which 8/9 year olds love..the blood/guts/gore I mean). They also have a green-screen room where you can make your own music videos. I brought a friend and her 8 year old son there and he was in that room for almost an hour.

Perhaps go to The Leprechaun Museum & the Wax museam since they are so close to each other and reasonably priced??

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I remember my Granny bringing me out to town a few days after my confirmation, went to the wax museum (the old one at the top of Parnell Sq) and then got sausages and chips in the restaurant at the top of roches on Henry St, and was then presented with my very own key to her house! It was the Bar Mitzvah moment of my family, and Granny still gives a key to her house to the cousins making their confo, only a few of them left now

Advertisement