Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custompc.ie - opinions please

• 16-05-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello i want make me gaming desktop from site custompc.ie . Does anyone know this shop and have any experience with it ? I'm afraid that i will send them money and they will not send me pc , or is it reliable company ? Because i can't find any reviews and opinions on this site so i want make me sure that it's not fake or something cos 900 euro is lot of money for me and i don't want to lost them like this. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Never heard of them before, there are loads of facilities to get a nice gaming rig, including loads of boardie's who would probably be willing to do it for a small fee with you ordering the parts.

I know Hardwareversand will put together a rig of your spec for you and are a reputable company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ScaZard

And what about Dell.ie ? i created me good desktop pc xps 8300 for 850 euro and it's really powerfull . do anyone know this site ? How many days it will took to delivery that pc to me in ireland, dublin ? Thank you

ScaZard wrote: »
    And what about Dell.ie ? i created me good desktop pc xps 8300 for 850 euro and it's really powerfull . do anyone know this site ? How many days it will took to delivery that pc to me in ireland, dublin ? Thank you

Are you taking the piss?

Why ? I am just asking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Custompc.ie is a very expensive site, personally I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Dell.ie make desktop PC's which are decent value, but their 'gaming' PC's are pretty misleading and often very overpriced.

If you just want to buy a gaming PC as a unit, then unfortunately only have a UK site to recommend - overclockers.co.uk - and they charge VAT at the checkout, but you should end up with a decent machine at a not too ripoff price.

A better suggestion would be to post up your budget + what games you'll be playing + if you need monitor/OS/etc onto the building+upgrading forum and the lads there will spec you up a much better PC for the price

Anyone else who wanders onto custompc, or dell, or ebay, ye be warned, 95% of those 'gaming' PCs are either ripoffs or not even capable of gaming or have a very explodey 700 watt piece of **** PSU.

• Advertisement

Hm so now i decide to get me a Toshiba l670 laptop with spec : Intel Core i5 480M, 17.3" LED TB 1600x900, RAM 4GB, ATI Radeon HD5650 1GB, HDD 640GB 5400 rpm, DVD, WiFi, Webcamer, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit . because now i dont have table for desktop. i just want play starcraft 2 with low setting on 1024x768 resolution and counter strike 1.6 . on other games i have xbox . it should last me for maybe 3 months , and than i will found me new home in ireland with my own room and i will get me a table and than i will be looking for gaming desktop :) Do you think that this 17" laptop will be ok for my requests ?

Still not convinced but yes that laptop will more then do it and must be costing you alot of money... clearly your rolling in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

ScaZard wrote: »
    Hm so now i decide to get me a Toshiba l670 laptop with spec : Intel Core i5 480M, 17.3" LED TB 1600x900, RAM 4GB, ATI Radeon HD5650 1GB, HDD 640GB 5400 rpm, DVD, WiFi, Webcamer, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit . because now i dont have table for desktop. i just want play starcraft 2 with low setting on 1024x768 resolution and counter strike 1.6 . on other games i have xbox . it should last me for maybe 3 months , and than i will found me new home in ireland with my own room and i will get me a table and than i will be looking for gaming desktop :) Do you think that this 17" laptop will be ok for my requests ?

I don't know much about gaming laptops, but I know that proc and dedicated graphics card have about as much power as a 400 euro budget gaming PC (actually less really) - it'll play games, but not great

Something like the MSI range of gaming laptops can actually handle modern games, but they start at about 1k.

Do research and pay close attention to the graphics card, only buy something when you've read a proper review of it, esp. when spending that amount of cash

Advertisement