Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens visit and local disruption.

Options
  • 16-05-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Won't cause toooooo much hassle to myself bar getting herself over to Kilcullen for work on the morning her Highness cough Magesty will be passing through to get to the stud.

I think a long walk will be had before the oh gets to her office in fairness.

Anyone else predicting they will be affected locally by the visit?

Seen them security check all the manholes on the route and seal them during the week and all the speedramps from the Curragh to Kilcullen will be removed to keep the convoy at a safe constant speed right through,just hope the sheep are kept locked up too,i had too near misses this week alone with new lambs :eek:.

Was near Baldonnel today and the Garda are already present in the locality.

Took a drive out to the stud herself will be visiting and it has been resurfaced up to the last turn,like a new carpet,nice.

I'm enjoying the buzz it is creating myself locally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

I hate it!

Spent 2 hours on the Naas Rd this morn,
    So went cross country,On the Pollyhops road at the back of Baldonell I was waved down at a checkpoint and had my vehicle searched!
    Really sick of the delays its causing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Where are Queen playing?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

mloc123 wrote: »
    Where are Queen playing?

;)

Pheonix Park I think :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

well a bomb scare in maynooth tonight is the start of disruption anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

df1985 wrote: »
    well a bomb scare in maynooth tonight is the start of disruption anyway!
    Bomb on a bus wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Bomb on a bus wtf?

Heard a load of sirens bout half ten tonight, my house backs onto the old leixlip-maynooth road. went onto twitter and loads of people were reporting it. streets closed and a bus pulled in. Theres been sirens going the whole time since.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Curlz24 wrote: »
    I hate it!

Spent 2 hours on the Naas Rd this morn,
    So went cross country,On the Pollyhops road at the back of Baldonell I was waved down at a checkpoint and had my vehicle searched!
    Really sick of the delays its causing.

I got pulled over today myself,the car was only bought on Saturday and the detective had said the previous owner had brought a reason for questioning from the reg plate,quite easy going after all was declared.

I have never seen so much Gardai in my life in one spot,every fourth car is a police car.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Not confirmed but I heard it was a viable device and a controlled explosion was carried out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Not confirmed but I heard it was a viable device and a controlled explosion was carried out.
    viable but not primed according to rte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As the N4 will be blocked to the city centre from 8am onwards tomorrow, I've decided to work from home. I expect traffic will be mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Anybody have an idea how long the Queen is staying at Giltown today..

I have to head to Dunlavin through Kilcullen.. for about 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

she's gone back to dublin afaik, theres back roads ya could go depending where your coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

People stuck on the N7 motorway near J7 despite gards saying that the motorway would not be closed.
    They can't drive south and the overpass bridge is closed so they can't turn back either.

guil wrote: »
    she's gone back to dublin afaik, theres back roads ya could go depending where your coming from

Yeah, I've been looking it up the back roads on the AA road map, but it's a nightmare... I thought she was going back early enough alright.. I'm assuming that the security will pretty much evaporate once she's back on the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Yeah i heard it was mental around Naas,hate that!

As i heard someone say earlier why didn't she just fly down to The Curragh like the rest of her appointments :confused:

well I heard that she doesnt like flying, and avoids it where possible.. But then I hear that she is flying down to Coolmore tomorrow.. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Naas and Newbridge were brought to a standstill this afternoon for nearly 2 hours. M7 was closed along with any road that crossed it. This was for the return journey to Dublin.

Friday the 20th is still shrouded in mystery. My understanding is that the M7/8 is being used for the journey to Tipp. If so then it will be subject to closures in the
    AM depending on the Queens arrival time in Cashel. Hopefully it will be all done and dusted while I'm still on the Weetabix.:D

Advertisement