Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Yes they are.They have not given an exact date but only saying this autumn.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

I was getting pi55ed off with waiting to find out when this was finally going to happen, and getting no joy from the two different branches I asked in. So I emailed them last night demanding to know a better date than "second half of the year."

They rang me back earlier saying they are definetley rolling them out during November, and everyone should have one before Christmas.

Shall we all hold our breath?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the issue of a percentage of cost of purchase against a flat charge on the retailer will have a big effect as to the decision to get one when there out or not, as if its a percentage more costs will be passed onto us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Not gonna hold my breath on these. Hopefully we will see them in November though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

any updates

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

RichT wrote: »
    I was getting pi55ed off with waiting to find out when this was finally going to happen, and getting no joy from the two different branches I asked in. So I emailed them last night demanding to know a better date than "second half of the year."

They rang me back earlier saying they are definetley rolling them out during November, and everyone should have one before Christmas.

Shall we all hold our breath?

2nd half was definitely not an appropriate way to refer to "during November". Fourth quarter is the only thing I think is a fair way to describe that, since customers will always be optimistic about what they mean by that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

I asked in a BoI branch about a month ago and the customer service rep said they would be rolled out in October / November. Its often hard to keep to schedules for a big rollout like this, but hopefully they will get them out before Christmas. I don't own a credit card and don't intend to so this would be ideal for online shopping, which is very limited at the moment for laser cards.

BESman wrote: »
    Its often hard to keep to schedules for a big rollout like this, but hopefully they will get them out before Christmas.

Which is exactly why they shouldn't have announced a product over a year before they introduced it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Which is exactly why they shouldn't have announced a product over a year before they introduced it.

Why not???

• Advertisement

Its now practically a year since this launch was announced. Does anyone have any updates?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

sitstill wrote: »
    Its now practically a year since this launch was announced. Does anyone have any updates?!

Yeah if these Visa Debit cards are not released soon then Ulster or TSB will be getting my business!

Also who has the best Internet banking at the moment in regards to BOI, Ulster or TSB?

The flashy new BOI Visa Debit contactless card is being posted out to customers next month.

At long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The flashy new BOI Visa Debit contactless card is being posted out to customers next month.

At long last.

I'll believe it when I have it in my hand. Just in time to go Internet shopping crazy for Christmas! ;)

At long last.

Where'd you hear this?

Was told yesterday from Bank of Ireland HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Is that to all customers or on an ongoing basis IE. as laser cards reach their expiry dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Looking forward to getting new card from them here. Will be good to have to use online and so forth rather than use the credit card.

Is that to all customers or on an ongoing basis IE. as laser cards reach their expiry dates?

Yes,as of next month all laser card holders will be issued with new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

let hope they stick to the november roll out then. really looking forward to this. has anyone seen a picture of some of the cards and how they will look, design wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Yes,as of next month all laser card holders will be issued with new card.

thats fantastic news! sick of waiting for paypal to process bank transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 froggus

Wonder when in November... doubting the 1st. When someone gets one, please post and then I may "lose" my laser :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

il be waiting.first it was summer then later in year.friend of mine got 200 taken out of her account last year when she used visa debit online.shes with ulster bank.she hast used it online since.not sure id use it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

ptsb on line banking is great. Never had problems. ALso have visa debit card for past two years and never any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

foreversky wrote: »
    il be waiting.first it was summer then later in year.friend of mine got 200 taken out of her account last year when she used visa debit online.shes with ulster bank.she hast used it online since.not sure id use it online.

The entire point of a debit card is to have money taken out of your account. It's generally used to pay for things. Or do you mean e200 was fraudulently taken? If so she should have reported it and would have gotten money back. Same protection you have as with visa credit I think.

Anyone know if this actually happening? We're into the second week of November now and it was meant to be out this month. I emailed BOI on October 26, but nobody replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

An announcement will be made soon, with adverts in the national papers - the gist of it being that cards will start to issue on a phased basis between Jan - June 2012. My understanding is that there will be a non "contactless" card option available as well - not sure which will be the default option.

stepbar wrote: »
    An announcement will be made soon, with adverts in the national papers - the gist of it being that cards will start to issue on a phased basis between Jan - June 2012. My understanding is that there will be a non "contactless" card option available as well - not sure which will be the default option.

Where'd you hear that? I sincerely hope that's not true cause I'll be proper annoyed if so. " introduced in second half of 2011" does NOT mean, we'll introduce advertising for it next November for some future date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Its true! a very small number might show up before hand (mainly for testing purposes) but the major roll out wont happen until January and even then it will be for people who's cards are due to expire in and around that time!

I do agree that they shouldn't say late 2011 when its actually 2012 and being released just after xmas kind of sucks but Im sure there is logic behind it. Maybe not wanting problems with peoples cards in the run up to such a busy shopping period.

• Advertisement

So they announced it almost a year before AIB and they're now both aiming for the same window? Absolute joke.

And although I know you were joking, AIB are in a worse financial state so BoI have no excuse.

By the way, where are people hearing this? If its in the news, keep in mind I'm not in Ireland at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement