Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent Vega

• 16-05-2011 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Who has one of these?

Just curious as I'm thinking of getting it as it has pretty impressive hardware for the price it's going for. Seen a video of honeycomb running on it and it looked fairly smooth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

I've had one of these for about 2 months now, and love it.
    Very good value for the money, and i have honeycomb running on it now, and it runs fairly well. Theres a few things still to work out, and it wont ever be a perfect port until Google release the source.
    As good as the Vega is, if you could hang on and save up a bit more i'd go for the Transformer or the iconia.
    Im considering trying to sell mine and get a transformer myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Got one there start of April and I really like it. Hamdy for nighttime reading/viewing when in bed and playing the odd game. Angry Birds on a very large screen is great. Great tablet for what I need. Have Cyanogenmod on it and it's sleek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Dimithy wrote: »
    I've had one of these for about 2 months now, and love it.
    Very good value for the money, and i have honeycomb running on it now, and it runs fairly well. Theres a few things still to work out, and it wont ever be a perfect port until Google release the source.
    As good as the Vega is, if you could hang on and save up a bit more i'd go for the Transformer or the iconia.
    Im considering trying to sell mine and get a transformer myself.

How much would you sell it for? ;)

See if I was to buy a real high-end tablet I'd wait for the Samsung Tab 10.1 but it wouldn't be used very regularly so I don't think there's a need. I'd only be watching movies/TV shows and playing the occasional game on it so that would be a waste. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone selling one of these? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anybody running Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean on a Vega?

I've just liberated one from my mother (she got an iPad). My main problem is that the internal storage is tiny so I want to throw a new ROM onto it with apps on an ext partition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A guy I know has JB on his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

A guy I know has JB on his.
    check out tabletroms.

Advertisement