Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble witches neo, Strania and Deathsmiles and is 2-D gameplay making a come back?

• 16-05-2011 6:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

(I decided to merge these two topics rather than create two threads as they are kind of related.)
    The first two are on XBLA and the latter is a budget 360 retail game. (I think it's a Game exclusive) Is the 2-D Jap' shooter making a come back like 2-D fighting games? Also--is 2-D gameplay making a come back in general?
    Street fighter 4, Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong country Returns, New Super Mario bros Wii, Blaz Blue are all in 2-D or have 2-D gameplay with 3-D backgrounds. Perhaps the 3-D obsession which began with the PS1 and N64 is starting to wane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

It never left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

*wibble* Just my kind of thread! :D

If you delve deeper in to the 2D SHMUP scene for example you'd see it's very much alive and bouncing. Recently it seems to be making a more mainstream impact, long may it continue if it means publishers of Japan-only titles are persuaded to make more titles region free and better still bring them to the west.

As with all trends though, if it becomes 'super mainstream' we'll probably be bombarded with poor quality titles until the bubble bursts and we're back to square one.

That said if it helps bring down the prices of the import stuff then so much the better!

Pew! Pew! Pew! *BOOM!* Pew! Pew! Pew! etc...

:D

Advertisement