Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's suits

Options
  • 16-05-2011 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know of any deals around Dublin for a decent suit.

Preferably somewhere that I can get two trousers with a jacket. History has show that the jacket lasts much longer than the trousers to my intermittent embarrassment.

Thanks in advance

Cionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

M&S do cheapo suits, I got one, I think it had fake outside pockets but looked reasonable. I think they sold matching trousers which sold separately. Reminds me I need new trousers due to all the cheap chocolate listed in bargain alerts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Diffney have a sale on (in Blanchardstown centre, not sure of others).

Picked up a nice business suit for 130. Real pockets etc. Decent quality. Not sure about the extra trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Thanks for the tips, I went to M&S and picked up a grand suit for 200. All grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Are you sure you just didnt undo the pocket stitching of the pockets rubadub? Most suit jackets usually come with the pockets sealed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Hope it lasts. Cheap suits can be a false economy. Best thing is find a suit you like, get fitted, get the measurements, then buy the exact same on eBay and get the legs taken up if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most suit jackets usually come with the pockets sealed
    I'll have a look later , it didn't feel like there was any material behind it.
    sarkozy wrote: »
    Hope it lasts. Cheap suits can be a false economy.
    I would get a decent one if it was regular use, I have only worn mine to 3 weddings and thats it! my brother has offered to borrow his €800 suit but I would spend all night worrying about spilling stuff on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If you're looking for a good suit that is reasonably priced (like it'd be more than M&S for sure, but 100x better quality). I recommend Men's Suit & Tux Warehouse on South Anne’s Lane or mstw.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

We are getting married and found a suit shop in blanch SC - the suit Co. - its two doors down from Next - they have the suits buy one for €129 or 2 for €200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

BUMP - started a new job this week. Have to wear slack, shirt and tie every day...
    Didnt LIDL do suits for like 30 quid before. Were they any good?
    Thanks!

Advertisement