Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook problem ... block someone without them knowing??

• 16-05-2011 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

OK ... probably a stupid question, but here goes.

Is it possible to block someone on Facebook so that you cant see anything they post anymore? This is a real problem for me ... I have one "friend" in particular that posts literally 100's of rubbish posts daily ... she is all I see on my facebook page anymore. The problem is that I dont want to offend her. She was in primary school with me and still lives close to my parents, so I dont want to delete her outright ... to block all her posts without offending her (i.e. without her knowing) would be great.

btw, I've tried to google this a few times, but cant really find a good way to do this.

Comments

if you hover over her status update, an x should appear in the top right (don't have FB to hand here sorry), click that and it should ask "hide updates from this person?" - that's it. She won't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

On any of here status updates when you hover over it you should see a small 'x' top right. Click on that and it will give you an option to hide just this or all posts from this person.

Done.

They won't get a notification that you're "ignoring" their updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

bluewolf wrote: »
    if you hover over her status update, an x should appear in the top right (don't have FB to hand here sorry), click that and it should ask "hide updates from this person?" - that's it. She won't know.

What Bluewolf said, I have a few people blocked in that way for the same reason you outlined! SPAM! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Thanks guys!

Advertisement