Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GALWAY CITY COUNCIL WILL JAM THE WHOLE CITY - DONT LET THEM!

Options
  • 16-05-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

GALWAY CITY Council has approved plans to replace up to seven roundabouts in the city with signalised junctions.
    The roundabouts proposed for removal are located along the N6 Bóthar na dTreabh route into the city and include the large Bodkin roundabout off the Quincentennial Bridge.
    Taking their place would be “intelligent traffic lights” similar to those already in place at the Moneenageisha junction.
    The proposed works are estimated to cost €6 million and come after a survey by the Health Service Executive found that although 24 per cent of local residents live less than 2km from work, 64 per cent of them travel by car. Respondents cited roundabouts and the dangers they pose to cyclists as one of the primary reasons for driving to work.
    “The scheme is very important in reducing congestion in Galway and making the city more accessible to pedestrians and cyclists,” Jim Molloy of the Galway Transport Unit said.

THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE PERFECTLY WORKING ROUNDABOUTS INTO "INTELLIGENT TRAFFIC LIGHT JUNCTIONS" SIMILAR TO THAT AT Moneenageisha. I DONT KNOW WHAT THOSE PEOPLE MEAN BY INTELLIGENT BUT Moneenageisha traffic lights system IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS SOLUTION I HAVE EVER SEEN!
    IT HAS BLOCKED THE WHOLE AREA. PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT PROJECT SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE SPOT!
    CITY COUNCIL - THE PEOPLE WE VOTED FOR ARE GOING TO SPEND 6MIL OF TAXPAYER'S MONEY WHEN THE COUNTRY IS IN SUCH A MESS TO JAM THE CITY, RECUCING OVERALL ATTRACTIVENESS AND REVENUE OF LOCAL BUSINESSES.IT WILL COST 1000S OF LABOUR HOURS WASTED. PEOPLE COMMUTTING TO GALWAY TO WORK WILL HAVE TO ADD ON EXTRA TIME TO TRAVEL TO SIT IN THE TRAFFIC EVERY DAY! THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE PERFECTLY WORKING JUNCTIONS INTO NEVER ENDING QUEUES OF CARS BACKED UP TO CITY AIRPORT!
    ALL THAT TO "IMPROVE" TRAFFIC AND MAKE IT EASY FOR CYCLISTS. CYCLING IN IRELAND IS IN STEEP DECLINE AND THEY HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT GALWAY ROADS.
    WHERE IS THE ECONOMIC SENSE HERE?!
    WHO IS TO DECIDE WHAT THE PEOPLE NEED?!
    PEOPLE FROM COUNTY COUNCIL?! COMMON!
    IT IS CENTRAL PLANNING, THEY DID IT IN USSR, WE ALL KNOW HOW IT ENDED UP.
    THANKS TO INEFFICIENT DECISIONS AND WASTE OF EVERY EURO WE GIVE THEM IN TAXES, THIS COUNTRY IS IN SUCH A SHAM AS IT IS.
    ITS TIME TO SAY NO! OTHERWISE WELL BEING OF IRISH PEOPLE WILL BE WASTED LIKE THAT 6MIL AND WE WILL SPEND 2H OF OUR PRESIOUS TIME EVERY DAY TRYING TO GET TO WORK AND HOME!!!!!

I MEAN, COMMON!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I would be inclined to agree but I feel that the post needs one more exclamation mark and more capslock to tip it over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

who you calling Common? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Discussion already here.

caps-lock-priveldges.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement