Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nude Lipstick

• 16-05-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good brand to go for? I never really wear nudes, as I find I'm pale already and think it might just be too much to make my lips look pale too! But they are everywhere and I like the understated look of them.

I usually wear a pink that's more or less the same colour as my lips - one of those Maybelline apply once a day jobs - for everyday. I also have a rich red and deeper pink and browny shades for going out, etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

GOSH do a good range of nudes in lipsticks and glosses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

L'absolut Nu lipstick by Lancome.. there are 3 tone with 4 lipsicks in each, nudes, pinks and browns.... there is a lovely nude one called 101... moisturising too- theyre €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

jenzersboi wrote: »
    L'absolut Nu lipstick by Lancome.. there are 3 tone with 4 lipsicks in each, nudes, pinks and browns.... there is a lovely nude one called 101... moisturising too- theyre €25

Thanks...might try a lower cost range one first to find a colour I like, before I go for a €25 one ;)

It's so hard to sample a lipstick! You never know what it's going to look like on your lips. I never use the testers in shops because....just gross! :( I use it on the tips of my fingers sometimes, as they are a bit pink, like lips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

Malari wrote: »
    Thanks...might try a lower cost range one first to find a colour I like, before I go for a €25 one ;)

It's so hard to sample a lipstick! You never know what it's going to look like on your lips. I never use the testers in shops because....just gross! :( I use it on the tips of my fingers sometimes, as they are a bit pink, like lips!

I know what you mean.... In the shops there are always disposable lip brushes and I scrape the sice of the lipstick to try it on... or the piece of skin between your thumb and index finger, put the lipstik on there and then hold it up to your mouth, you can see if it suits then!!!!

jenzersboi wrote: »
    I know what you mean.... In the shops there are always disposable lip brushes and I scrape the sice of the lipstick to try it on... or the piece of skin between your thumb and index finger, put the lipstik on there and then hold it up to your mouth, you can see if it suits then!!!!

There are? :p I hadn't noticed these! I might grab a complementary tissue and give a good wipe before I try on I suppose ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mac blankety is the perfect nude but it kinda depends on your skin colour to.

theg81der wrote: »
    Mac blankety is the perfect nude but it kinda depends on your skin colour to.

Thanks, yeah, as I said I'm fair with blonde hair and don't want to make my lips disappear - just a nice, natural light pinky colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I'm blonde with pale skin and I sometimes wear MAC Creme de Nude, it's not too light so it doesnt give that "im wearing concealer on my lips" look!:D

nicola09 wrote: »
    I'm blonde with pale skin and I sometimes wear MAC Creme de Nude, it's not too light so it doesnt give that "im wearing concealer on my lips" look!:D

Cool :D that's definitely NOT what I'm going for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I find Mac Blankety a bit too meh on me but I use it over a darker lip pencil or pink lipstick and it makes it very wearable.

I think Loreal have a range of nudes out at the min which look interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Another vote for MAC's Creme de Nude, Hue and Creme Cup here from me.

I'm a NW15, and both of these suit me great, as someone said earlier they don't give you the whole concealer look on your lips.

They work great as a nude lip, smokey eye combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Any recommendations for nude lip gloss?

I'm not really a lipstick girl.

I like the focus to be on my eyes so I think nude lipgloss could be a good look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Any recommendations for nude lip gloss?

I'm not really a lipstick girl.

I like the focus to be on my eyes so I think nude lipgloss could be a good look.

If you can get your hands on it, MAC's Baby Sparks Dazzleglass is a really nice, nude, shimmery lipgloss with a hint of sparkle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Malari wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah, as I said I'm fair with blonde hair and don't want to make my lips disappear - just a nice, natural light pinky colour.

Mac angel?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Monkiki

Inglot have a good selection of nude lipsticks & I bought a nude gloss from boots by prestige.

Ooh and Barry m have loads of glosses too and they're fairly cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I use MACs Myth as my nude lipstick. I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I use MACs Myth as my nude lipstick. I love it
    I use this too, but find it a bit too pink, and a bit drying, I like the coverage/pigment in it though.

Can anyone recommend a more skin toned lipstick then myth with the same amount of pigment and maybe a tad creamier? But with same staying power?

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I use this too, but find it a bit too pink, and a bit drying, I like the coverage/pigment in it though.

Can anyone recommend a more skin toned lipstick then myth with the same amount of pigment and maybe a tad creamier? But with same staying power?

You know if you put "MAC Myth" or any other lipstick, into Google Images, it comes up with a load of pics of girls wearing that lipstick! Not a bad way to see how it looks.

I have to agree, I don't like the look of this one. It looks a bit dry and too pale, not very natural.

But I have a list of potentials now I will have to try this weekend! Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

If you want to try out a nude before buying anything expensive I suggest Catrice's 010 "Be Natural"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 LouLou65

I like Natural Nymph from ELF, not an expensive one for someone who wants to start with nude lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

lace wrote: »
    If you want to try out a nude before buying anything expensive I suggest Catrice's 010 "Be Natural"

:D oh im gona have to try that i have catrices in gental beige which is also a nice nude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

LouLou65 wrote: »
    I like Natural Nymph from ELF, not an expensive one for someone who wants to start with nude lips.

have it in my wishlist im waiting for the 20% off the website and order the whole website haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2245376/Cheryl-Cole-sends-crazed-fan-delirium-leaves-nightclub-showing-bra-sheer-lace-top.html

can anyone recommend a nude lipstick/lipgloss like cheryl coles in this artrical? Her make up is fab but l guess it helps having a beautiful face!

moneys tight so no MAC or YSL for me :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Barry M have a nice shade - 'Marshmallow'. Its very cheap as well, only about €6.

It has a slight pinkish tinge to it so it doesnt look like you have 'make-up lips'.

Barry M have a nice shade - 'Marshmallow'. Its very cheap as well, only about €6.

It has a slight pinkish tinge to it so it doesnt look like you have 'make-up lips'.

never heard of that brand...where could l get it? boots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Here it is in Boots

http://www.boots.com/en/Barry-M-Lip-Paint_947757/

Marshamallow is at the end of the top row.

might get it myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

From 3:01 to 4:10 of this video, is the best advice I've heard on nude lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Urban decay 'Peroxide' is a lovely nude.

I wear it with midnight cowboy lipgloss over it. Am very pale and it doesn't give the horrible mannequin, yellow teeth look :)

• Advertisement

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Here it is in Boots

http://www.boots.com/en/Barry-M-Lip-Paint_947757/

Marshamallow is at the end of the top row.

might get it myself!

found it on littlewoods website too for about €7!

Advertisement