Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone missing a Canary?

• 16-05-2011 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A canary flew into our building in Carriganore today. He's or she is being kept out here if anyone is missing one. There is a metallic bronzey/greeny tag on it's left leg, there is no data on the tag.

Would be from the Carriganore area (new college campus) most likely.
    Answers on a post card etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Hope you find its owner, not missing any of mine. Im sure someone must be missing it recently as they dont live too long in the wild once they have escaped

Let me know if you dont find its owner and need to rehome it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Roen wrote: »
    Hi,

A canary flew into our building in Carriganore today. He's or she is being kept out here if anyone is missing one. There is a metallic bronzey/greeny tag on it's left leg, there is no data on the tag.

Would be from the Carriganore area (new college campus) most likely.
    Answers on a post card etc...

Don't cage the bird!

Let it fly to freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd take it but I'd never eat a whole one..............

I always find WLR can be good in these kind of situation. Might be worth a quick call. I guess the problem is it really could have come from anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You've not tried my Canary masala.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

dayshah wrote: »
    Don't cage the bird!

Let it fly to freedom.

As pointed out by the guy in the NBDC here a bright yellow non native bird would be picked up as a snack by the next passing sparrowhawk. Plus it was reared in captivity and has no experience of fending for itself.

We tried to get it out the door initially but as was also pointed out there was a good chance that the bird would prefer confined spaces. Am with you on letting it fly free, but it wouldn't last spitting time unfortunately. I think the best thing to do in this case is to try re-unite it with its former owner. Assuming they want it back of course!
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    You've not tried my Canary masala.

It was bloody filling I can tell you!
    ziedth wrote: »

I always find WLR can be good in these kind of situation. Might be worth a quick call. I guess the problem is it really could have come from anywhere.

Cheers! I mailed them and hope to hear back soon. I've also got in contact with one of the guys who lives out here and he'll try find out does one of his neighbours own it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

wobbles wrote: »
    Hope you find its owner, not missing any of mine. Im sure someone must be missing it recently as they dont live too long in the wild once they have escaped

Let me know if you dont find its owner and need to rehome it

That's a very generous offer Wobbles, I'll catch up with the guys and see are any of them inclined to hang onto it.

Advertisement