Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB availability in Tralee ? any chance ?

• 16-05-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, any one can tell me is the NGB EIRCOM BROADBAND available in Tralee area ? I am looking for some information about it at eircom website but without success, very dirty made website by the way.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

http://www.ngb.ie/
    Click coverage map on the right. States Tralee is due NGB between April - June.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

My street is just slightly outside of this blue thing, so still not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johnwoods

Obecny wrote: »
    My street is just slightly outside of this blue thing, so still not sure

For what it's worth I live in dublin city centre,

and I live in a tiny section of the map that is not coloured in,

I live surrounded by NGB enabled areas but my tiny section of the map isnt.;

but I still have NGB so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

On the ngb site there is a box for entering your phone and account number.
    I wouldn't make any bets on the strength of it.
    Of interest on the map are the exchanges that have been enabled in places that are little more than villages especially up around Mayo.
    They must have figured the election result!
    I see that the blue patch around Tralee takes in such highly populated areas as the Sliabh Mis mountains, while the ITT in Drumtacker seems to be firmly outside it!
    You couldn't make it up.

I lie.
    The blue cloud has been extended beyond Drumtacker, quite a bit beyond it, in fact.
    Can't think of any exchanges out there,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

With that pharma co. moving to Drumtacker they perhaps have beefed up the infra there.

I was absolutely certain that there was a glaring omission in the NGB map and that the IT was it.
    Anyway, I hope we will not have to wait for it for as long as it will take the Pharma off the ground. There's something that doesn't ring true about it. I got a reply that we might have NGB by the end of the year.
    I hope that the majority of upgrades are pain-free. They are meant to be seamless. This forum is full of horror stories, but I hope a small minority overall. You would be very unlikely to write in announcing "My NGB upgrade is SO wonderful!"

Advertisement