Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traumatic experience with cat :(

• 16-05-2011 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

My boyfriend woke me this morning to tell me that he thought he found our cat, Bear, dead, after being knocked down at the end of our road. The cat looked a bit heavier, but was stiff and it's face was "in a bad way" (according to my boyfriend). He took the cat home to ours for me to help identify it, but I couldn't bare to look. Our little fella got a bite on his tail over a month ago, so I knew I could tell if it was him by the tail. My boyfriend was in such a state of shock :( I could tell by the tail that it wasn't our little one, so I just paced around the garden "pwish wishing" and eventually, 40 mins later, Bear arrived home. Cuddles all round!

Now I have the task of finding the neighbour who owns the poor little moggy in my back garden. There's a real cat friendly house at the end of my road, close to where the cat was found, so they may be the owners. I've knocked twice since this morning but there is no answer.

Has anyone any tips on how to break the news? I'm so emotional over this :(
    I was never a cat person, now we have two and they're like our babies- Bear is only 1.5 yrs old. The idea of anything bad happening to him is horrifying, so I can't imagine how the owners will feel when I break the news :(

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Congrats for getting your cat back, I can tell you feel guilty about it, don't be happy your cat is safe and home. I guess just telling them you found a cat that you think could be theres that was knocked down last night. They might want to view the cat to be sure it is theirs
    No easy way to tell them such news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

just tell them you found a cat knocked down on the road and do they want to check if its theirs.

i think most people who leave their cats wander know the large possibility of it being mowed down or otherwise dispatched. Part of life for a cat who is not indoors unfortunately.

Advertisement