Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for budding Sound Engineer

Options
  • 16-05-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Guys!

I'm just looking for your thoughts/advice on something. A friend of mine is a qualified sound engineer with various other musical qualificiations.

While putting himself through college he's gained some good studio experience aswel as working many live events for different promoters all over Ireland. Many of these events would have included many notable international acts.

Since he finished college he found it hard getting regular paying work and so took the first job going just to pay the bills and get by.

I was wondering what would be the best way for him to get more experience (possibly work) in the music industry?

I thought it would be a good idea for him to touch base with as many studio's as possible and forward on CV's etc. to interested parties.

Would this be the norm or is there a better, more specific way of making contacts?

I'm not involved in the music biz myself so I'm not sure how to help him out. Any advice would be most welcome so thanks!

- Boogeyman:D

Comments

Advertisement