Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad crash near Punches cross last night.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

buzzman wrote: »
    The driver of the third car had a lucky escape too. Some "person" on the scene already stated it was the gardai's fault for chasing a stolen car on the first place. Tied up 4 ambulances (2 of which were not from the city) which in turn deprived their respective areas of cover. Only one person was extricated from the second car. Other persons involved were already out of it. As for the press saying they were minor injuries, I wish the press would get the facts right before going to print.

Yeah there is often some "eyewitness" found that have links with the car robbers, who try to blame the Gardai for it in cases involving robbed cars, and that normally leads to someone taking a case against the Gardai to either get off the hook or to try and sponge compensation from the Gardai.

Now that may not be the case with the car thief and his family in this incident as we will not know that until a claim is either made or not made against the Gardai involved , but in general it is a ridiculous thing that compensation of any kind can be sought by any thief who refused to stop for the Gardai when in a stolen car.

From what has been said in public by the Garda spokesperson for this case it would seem that a chase did not even get time to happen, as the Gardai in question spotted the stolen car being driven by the person who robbed it. They signaled the driver to stop, and the car robber was the one who started the high speed driving.

Sounds to me that the Gardai were only doing their job in this case and were not to know that the car thief would take off in such a reckless manner that showed no care at all with regards the safety of other people.

Maybe a certain element in Irish society feel that the gardai should just let them rob and commit crimes without punishement and add that to the long list of other things that element sponges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lim2011

Kess73 wrote: »
    Read what was actually typed. I never said you personally thought it was fun, plus I never said I wanted him dead. I said that in the eyes of some what he did was alright and that bleeding hearts would make excuses for him and his type. Not once did I say that it was YOUR opinion.

In this thread I said I hoped he recovered and then was charged for every law he broke the other night and that the victims of his actions pressed charges against him as well.

So if you see a post saying that they hope he is dead or dies, then address them about it but don't reply to me complaining about words being put in your mouth and then say in your post to me about anyone wanting him dead, otherwise you are just doing what you are blaming me for.

You also make comment that cars being robbed is a commonplace occurance in your other reply to me and that people don't go on about it.

I suggest that before you make comments like that you use the search function as there was a thread here not too long back about a poor girl who had her Saab robbed and ruined by some scumbag thief and plenty here were vocal about her loss and the scum who stole here means of getting about and her means of getting to work.

If you are a friend of the thief who robbed the car and whop put three people in hospital, then I suggest you do what you can to comfort his family and be a friend to him by getting him to stop robbing people's property and encourage him to follow the harder path that most people follow by trying to get a job and staying away from crime.

I'm not picking a fight with you, but I sure as hell won't offer false sympathies about a thief either.

No one is asking you to offer false sympathy and just for your information I dont know the boy i couldnt even tell you his name so you can keep your suggestions to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭neilboard

lim2011 wrote: »
    Did i once say he was a VICTIM ..and im sure he didnt intentionally set out to put three people in hospital.....he took a car for a joy ride, i dont justify it (my own car was robbed for god sake ) but its not like he went out on the road with a gun and starting shooting people. what started out as a little bit of fun in his eyes had left him fighting for his life and im sure he regrets everything that happened. BUT some people really need to think before they start wishing him dead or disabled how would you feel if it was a relative of yours ?? no one deserves to be left the way he is ... i dont care what you say.

When your car got stolen did you think the guy or girl made a "mistake" and was just having "fun"?
    I have absolutely no sympathies for criminals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lim2011

neilboard wrote: »
    When your car got stolen did you think the guy or girl made a "mistake" and was just having "fun"?
    I have absolutely no sympathies for criminals!

No but i certainly didnt say i hope they died or were left disabled and thats the point im arguing here its INHUMANE.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

lim2011 wrote: »
    No but i certainly didnt say i hope they died or were left disabled.

Those posts have been removed. Any similar comments in future will be dealt with severely. I'd prefer if we could stop bringing it up at this stage. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

If you live by the proverbial sword then you should be prepared to die by it. I can't say I have any pity for him or any joyriding scum that come a cropper. Karma in action.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

The crash has happened, I hope ALL involved recover and have no ill effects of the crash.

In regards to consequences of people's actions, I don't think a Regional Forum is the place to discuss the rights/wrongs of what happens in the whole of the legal jurisdictional area of Ireland, if you want to discuss the handling of any aspects of Irish legal handling, please find a suitable forum, I don't think a regional forum is the place so I'm locking this thread, any issues with this you can either PM me, PM some of the other Mods or launch a Dispute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement