Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Migration Farce

Options
  • 16-05-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

maybe some people are currently in ireland pondering moving over and have come into contact with A company, I have met 3 lads in the past month who attended an expo in the red cow held by A company, the promised 1:a job on arrival, and 2: sponsorship, with the whole process to cost around 6k euro. these lads paid 500e, and bought their tix to oz, the arrived(all tradesmen), did their trade recognition assesment, and met again with the guy from celtic, who told them that, in short thats it, they were on their own from there! as luck would have it the have done reasonably well i securing jobs etc etc.
    all of these men have wives and kids at home waiting on a green light to follow their husbands over, so ovb these guys are here to work not backpack.
    i would like to hear of anyone elses experience with this crowd as it seems like they are a bit if a rip??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Have seen similar stories posted else where on different forums, although various different companies/shams. People from both Ireland and UK been stung.

Obviously some people cashing in on peoples desperation, really if I seems to good to be true then it probably is not.

No 3rd party company can promise sponsorship, the employer, occupation, postion and applicant are all subject to approval. Especially if you are parting with big money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

maybe some people are currently in ireland pondering moving over and have come into contact with this company, I have met 3 lads in the past month who attended an expo in the red cow held by this company, the promised 1:a job on arrival, and 2: sponsorship, with the whole process to cost around 6k euro. these lads paid 500e, and bought their tix to oz, the arrived(all tradesmen), did their trade recognition assesment, and met again with the guy from celtic, who told them that, in short thats it, they were on their own from there! as luck would have it the have done reasonably well i securing jobs etc etc.
    all of these men have wives and kids at home waiting on a green light to follow their husbands over, so ovb these guys are here to work not backpack.
    i would like to hear of anyone elses experience with this crowd as it seems like they are a bit if a rip??

What did this 500 Euro cover exactly?

Oh and where did they land as in what state are they in now Vic, NSW etc?

Anyone know how much a trade skills assessment cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What visas did they enter on?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Trade skills assessment. If your talkin about the vetassess I was under the impression it was only required to apply for a skilled migration visa! Its between 2000 & 2500 dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

maybe some people are currently in ireland pondering moving over and have come into contact with A company, I have met 3 lads in the past month who attended an expo in the red cow held by A company, the promised 1:a job on arrival, and 2: sponsorship, with the whole process to cost around 6k euro. these lads paid 500e, and bought their tix to oz, the arrived(all tradesmen), did their trade recognition assesment, and met again with the guy from celtic, who told them that, in short thats it, they were on their own from there! as luck would have it the have done reasonably well i securing jobs etc etc.

Really? You posted this story on British ex pats and it got taken down. You offered no evidence except saying you met three lads over here who told you a tale.

Are you over here? What visa are you on? Have you gotten ripped off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement