Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Water damaged phone?

Options
  • 16-05-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi knowledgeable phone guru's, any idea where I can get a phone repaired? Fonemenders dont want to look at it. Phone was fully submerged, I took it apart and dried it for a couple of hours, phone worked tested it and switched it off and went to bed, since then it wont turn on. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

This post has been deleted.

Cheers Captain Morgan,

It was well and truly dried out as it was under a dryer for 2 hours and was working perfectly, its just strange why it stopped now?

Was hoping for a bricks and mortar solution that could clear it of any residue or contamination from the pool, which is where I think the problem lies.

Maybe someone can think of another solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Nope don't think there is. The rice way is ten times better than just blasting it with a hairdryer as it sucks all the moisture out. If you don't want to go replacing parts etc. then you should just buy a new one, if it wasn't that expensive ofcourse. :D

It was very expensive to be honest, so cant replace it at the moment. Need it repaired really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Hi knowledgeable phone guru's, any idea where I can get a phone repaired? Fonemenders dont want to look at it. Phone was fully submerged, I took it apart and dried it for a couple of hours, phone worked tested it and switched it off and went to bed, since then it wont turn on. Any ideas?

My son's got water damaged on Saturday afternoon, I put it in a bag of rice and left it in the hot press till Monday morning and crossed my fingers. It took almost an hour for it to get from the red battery icon to green but it's working fine so far. My advice it to plug it in to a wall charger for an hour at least.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    My son's got water damaged on Saturday afternoon, I put it in a bag of rice and left it in the hot press till Monday morning and crossed my fingers. It took almost an hour for it to get from the red battery icon to green but it's working fine so far. My advice it to plug it in to a wall charger for an hour at least.

Yeah got that advice too, not to worry shes back working, dried beside an open fire, charged it up and happy days! Hope it helps others too.

Advertisement