Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays deal on komplett

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭randombar

Nice one, wasn't sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Can't go wrong with Linksys, they usually just work without issues, You'd spend €80 on a Belkin POS in Pcworld and have nothing but issues

Nice one, think I'll just take the plunge!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It looks like a good price ok but some very mixed reviews here:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Reviews.asp?ProductID=6351

Contrary to what Pog says about reliability I have had problems with linksys in the past.

• Advertisement

Ah well purchased now, will let ya know how I'll get on with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hartnett_mark

Linksys is great brand and i have no problems with few routers branded by them, recommend it : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dub45 wrote: »
    It looks like a good price ok but some very mixed reviews here:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Reviews.asp?ProductID=6351

Contrary to what Pog says about reliability I have had problems with linksys in the past.

Some do fail. I setup about 200 Linksys routers last year as part of my job, about 8-10 messed up and reset themselves to default. We used Linksys because they have a lower rate of failure than others after trying other brands. Netgear I'd recommend also. A failure or resetting to default could mean a 60 mile round trip to do a service call. Mind you, we used the older spec WRT-54GL only, the quality of some of the newer Linksys isn't as good (thats Cisco messing around with cheaper components), but they're lots better than crappy Belkins, Netopias or Zyxels.

Advertisement