Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor (film + comics)

Options
  • 16-05-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Hey guys/ladies i went to see thor yesterday in the cinema and it was excellent, i enjoyed it so much im interested to start reading the comic, is their any anybody could recommend picking up thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭niall mc cann

I got the first Marvel Visionaries: Walt Simonson trade, and it was great.

Marvel have just released a huuuuuuge collected edition of his entire run on Thor, I haven't read the whole run, but what i did read I really liked.

One of those legendary runs that I felt really lived up to the hype. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lionfish

The Thor movie was Awesome!
    However I am a big Superman fan and I have to say,
    Thor really surprised me on this one :)

Off topic but does anyone watch Smallville?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Matt Fractions - Thor : ages of thunder

JMS entire run of Thor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I saw a thread with my name on it and taught I was just banned or something.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

lionfish wrote: »
    The Thor movie was Awesome!
    However I am a big Superman fan and I have to say,
    Thor really surprised me on this one :)

Off topic but does anyone watch Smallville?

I watch smallville have done since i was 16 im 21 now actually cause of the tv show i became a fan of superman and it made me recently try pick up comics smallville defiently my fav tv ever:D

It seems i wanna pick up the comics if i love a tv show or movie :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lionfish

I have all the seasons now on dvd, except for season 10 of course.. can't believe it's ending :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

lionfish wrote: »
    I have all the seasons now on dvd, except for season 10 of course.. can't believe it's ending :\

Same here only on season 6 at the moment so im missing season 10 on e4.
    Yeah i would love if they d continued but 10 years is a award of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If you were banned would you have not been able to see the thread lol ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

If you were banned would you have not been able to see the thread lol ?

Normally yes, But there are other things a person can be banned for, Like specific forums. It was literally a moment of panic, That was passed when i saw it was in the comics section.

Thank god(Me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lovethefun

Well the movie was not completely based on comics. they have done small small alterations in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ultimate fighter

I didn't really knew much about Thor... I know more about the X-Men. But the movie made me a huge fan... it's simply awesome!!! Can't wait for the Avengers Movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

There is an omnibus of the original Jack Kirby run on Thor available as well, it contains his first 40 or so issues, the original and best, closely followed by Walt Simonsons run.

Advertisement