Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No signal between monitor and pc

• 16-05-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Have a PC here (DELL) and it will no conect to any monitor i'v tryed putting in graphic cards, using vga cables. The hard-drive is fine and i also swaped the RAM about. None of this is working is there some thing im missing? Can anyone help me please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

If possible the first thing you should do is try the monitor on another computer and see if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 johnbrady5

Yea i'v tryed that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

johnbrady5 wrote: »
    Yea i'v tryed that

So presumably the monitor worked fine on the other PC and the problem lies with the original PC?

mordeith wrote: »
    So presumably the monitor worked fine on the other PC and the problem lies with the original PC?

Yea the two monitors work fine on other PCs.

Is the screen remaining totally blank or are you getting a 'no signal' message on the OSD (On Sceen Display)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

johnbrady5 wrote: »
    Yea i'v tryed that

Information overload.

Is the screen remaining totally blank or are you getting a 'no signal' message on the OSD (On Sceen Display)?

when i pressed on the buttons on the monitor the screen said "in power saving mode, press computer power button, or any key on the keyboard or move mouse".

Sounds like the PC is somehow stuck in the powersave mode. I assume restarting the PC using the power switch on the box made no difference? Is there any activity on the hard drive LED indicator (should one on the front of the PC)

Sounds like the PC is somehow stuck in the powersave mode. I assume restarting the PC using the power switch on the box made no difference? Is there any activity on the hard drive LED indicator (should one on the front of the PC)

There is no LED lights showing on the front of the PC

Well then it sounds like your PC is dead in the water. When you start the PC are the any beeps from the motherboard. Does the CPU cooling fan start? Take off the side cover and have a look inside while starting the PC. Your PSU could possibly be blown as well.

• Advertisement

Well then it sounds like your PC is dead in the water. When you start the PC are the any beeps from the motherboard. Does the CPU cooling fan start? Take off the side cover and have a look inside while starting the PC. Your PSU could possibly be blown as well.

No theres no beeps cumin from the motherboard. Yep the cooling fan on the CPU starts up fine, and allso the motherboard light is on.

Might be worth reseating everything again, GFX card, Ram

Might be worth reseating everything again, GFX card, Ram

I have tryed two different GFX cards, and a different set of RAM.

Can you get into BIOS by pressing (F8 or Del) as soon as you start the computer.
    Have you got a live cd you can boot to (mini XP or hirens).
    Do you even get the bar across screen when you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Turn the PC off by holding in the power button for about 5 seconds. Then plug out the power cable and leave it out for about 15 seconds to flush the cache.
    Plug the power cable back in and switch on the PC and see if that makes a difference.

practice wrote: »
    Can you get into BIOS by pressing (F8 or Del) as soon as you start the computer.

I dont know if i can get into BIOS because of the screen is black all the time, and no i dont see the bar across screen when you start

Can you start the PC without memory modules in and let us know if you get any beeps.

practice wrote: »

I dont know if i can get in BIOS because i cant see with the screen blank, yea hav CDs if need, and no dont even get to see the bar that goes across the screen at the start.

Advertisement