Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Train station

Options
  • 16-05-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    This is really a question for anyone who commutes to blackrock!

If I left a bike at the train station and then picked it up in the morning and cycled to work and then left it back in the evening - over night - ready for use again in the morning. How long would it last? Or how safe would the bike be?

Reason why I ask - is I am trying to figure out commuting arrangements.

Is there a place to lock bikes at the dart station there? How good / bad is it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Should be safe enough, there is a bike rack right infront of the station and I've seen plenty overnight bikes. Although there is no accounting for drunken idiots, but to make you feel there shouldnt be a huge amount of drunken idiots down that way since the last trains through both directions are roughly 11:30ish and its not in a location of a general pathway to anywhere for passerby's to give it a random kick.

Just safeguard it yourself with decent lock and make sure your quick release wheels, lights etc are locked or taken with.

Advertisement