Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House - Phone Line Required

Options
  • 16-05-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi All,

Could some of the Eircom guys help me out here. I am after moving into a new house and need a phone line connection.

I have been through the faqs on the eircom site...

If your home previously had an eircom home phoneline, all line work is in place and you wish to reconnect, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €24.99)
    If your home has never had an eircom phoneline but all line work is in place, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €49.99)
    If your home has never had an eircom phoneline, or all line work is not in place, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €121.93)

...The last one will apply to me.

What I am looking to find out is if I get the line connected is there a minimum contract or any contract with eircom? Can I use another company straight away? I am mainly looking for bb but may consider phone also.

Any help, greatly appreciated...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mazotasan

Any takers, anyone been through this lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Mazotasan wrote: »
    Hi All,

Could some of the Eircom guys help me out here. I am after moving into a new house and need a phone line connection.

I have been through the faqs on the eircom site...

If your home previously had an eircom home phoneline, all line work is in place and you wish to reconnect, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €24.99)
    If your home has never had an eircom phoneline but all line work is in place, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €49.99)
    If your home has never had an eircom phoneline, or all line work is not in place, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €121.93)

...The last one will apply to me.

What I am looking to find out is if I get the line connected is there a minimum contract or any contract with eircom? Can I use another company straight away? I am mainly looking for bb but may consider phone also.

Any help, greatly appreciated...thanks

Hi Mazotasan
    yes to have a new line installed the standard contract is for a six month period. If there is any other query just let me know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mazotasan

Excellent, thanks for the reply...Hopefully I can get a good connection.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Mazotasan wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks for the reply...Hopefully I can get a good connection.
    Thanks again

Just let me know if any problem Mazotasan.
    Tony

Advertisement