Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone of the Enders 3 on PS3, looks like it's happening!

Options
  • 16-05-2011 3:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see more of this ZoE2 is one of the best games made for the PS2.

1305515318527.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Never got to play zone of the enders , i hoped for a collection on ps3 but no matter im excited ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You missed out the second game was amazing. It got a limited rerelease about 2 years ago but it's still very hard to find. The first game is ok but the second game really is something else!

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Aw, I better not make you feel any worse by telling you how the game constantly kept topping itself like the way it went from a battle along the top of a heavily armed trains taking out sections of it, followed by a boss fight with a boss the size of a small moon,followed by a section were you leaped between an armada mile long frigates systematically taking them out before heading back to the surface of mars for a massive pitched battle involving hundreds of Mechs :P All wrapped up in one of the most hilariously bad translations ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im hoping for 360 release as i just sold my ps3 :rolleyes: god damn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

WAT

Seriously.

WAT?!

I ZOE2 on eBay a couple of years ago (on your recommendation I do believe it was Retr0) and was blown away, it's sooo good. I played through ZOE first though, which was kinda pants, but ZOE2 is crazy good. More please!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fantastic games, one of the reasons why I still have my PS2. ZOE2 was soooooo good. Can't wait to get my mits on ZOE3!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Aw, I better not make you feel any worse by telling you how the game constantly kept topping itself like the way it went from a battle along the top of a heavily armed trains taking out sections of it, followed by a boss fight with a boss the size of a small moon,followed by a section were you leaped between an armada mile long frigates systematically taking them out before heading back to the surface of mars for a massive pitched battle involving hundreds of Mechs :P All wrapped up in one of the most hilariously bad translations ever.

:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I have the second game, but I have yet to play it. I started replaying the first one last year, I must continue. There are loads of copies of the second game on eBay!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Would love if a 3rd game was on the way.

Maybe it's a HD release with extras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Managed to find the second game for €3 or so in gamestop a few months back and it's fantastic. I loved the original as well, but it's a lot better.

I remember buying the first one for the Metal Gear 2 demo and being pleasantly surprised by the game I'd pretty much ignored in favour of running around that ship :pac:

Great news!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its on amazon for 35.80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Goddamnit retrogamer that scan is old as hell. Remember seeing it ages ago

Here's a kotaku article from 2006

Haha I ruined everyone's day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Mindkiller wrote: »

My mind, you killed it!

Mindkiller wrote: »

You just ruined my day as well :'(

Guess thats why they call him mindkiller

The guy on the forum I got it from is apologising as well. So sorry guys, I'm a dope :)

The guy on the forum I got it from is apologising as well. So sorry guys, I'm a dope :)

Still love ya retr0;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Do ps2 games work on slim ps3 ?

IM pretty sure they dont but im hoping I can playing ZOEII on it

Headshot wrote: »
    Do ps2 games work on slim ps3 ?

IM pretty sure they dont but im hoping I can playing ZOEII on it

Nope sorry man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I clicked into the Portal 2 thread before my brain processed the thread title. then I wet myself. I... I may have to buy a console. There. I said it. Only something as biblically epic as a Zone of the Enders game could wake me from console stasis.

In 2009 when they asked publicly for any interest in a 3rd ZOE game, Konami says their ZOE inbox was inundated: only about 3000 or so emails got through before the inbox server went tits up.

Rumours abound that any announcement will happen at E3, weekend of June 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Holy ****!!! That sounds....feckin class! :eek:

Played the first one and enjoyed it, apart from wanting to punch that kid every time he opened his mouth.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Holy ****!!! That sounds....feckin class! :eek:

It's better than feckin class :) Which is why I want a sequel so badly. Fingers crossed for E3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I remember renting out the first one so I could play the demo of metal gear solid 2,which wasn't released till a yr later :pac:

I remember renting out the first one so I could play the demo of metal gear solid 2,which wasn't released till a yr later :pac:

I remember the game was number 1 in the charts for ages on the strenght of that demo. The games on the PS2 were so bad at the time that playstation magazines were running 20+ page articles on how to get the best out of your MGS2 demo. It was the only thing worth playing on the system for months.

I remember the game was number 1 in the charts for ages on the strenght of that demo. The games on the PS2 were so bad at the time that playstation magazines were running 20+ page articles on how to get the best out of your MGS2 demo. It was the only thing worth playing on the system for months.

Haha ya the ps2 had just been released over here I think.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

followed by a section were you leaped between an armada mile long frigates systematically taking them out

This is still one of my favourite sections of a videogame of all time. ZoE2 was so FREAKIN' good. Gotta love the final powered up version of the suit that was able to shift behind your enemies and tear them a new one from back there.

If ZoE3 were to come out, I'd buy a PS3 for it alone. That's how much I want it.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If ZoE3 were to come out, I'd buy a PS3 for it alone. That's how much I want it.
    Same.

Said Armada sequence. Spoilers may be prevalent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If you look really closely at the scan you can see the outline of a white sticker covering the ETA year!

Advertisement