Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport in Danger of Closing!?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

No news on Luton I guess. Thank you to those who are keeping us informed in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hi reckon you probably need to stick with the Aviation Forum for info, they tend to have ears to the ground. Exciting isn't it, good luck and thanks Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

wellboytoo wrote: »
    MAN
    4 flights per week

manchester is back, great news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

wellboytoo wrote: »
    MAN
    4 flights per week

hopefully London next

• Registered Users Posts: 15 teckno123

Would be great if Bus Eireann could run a bus service in and out from airport to coincide with flight times as well.

• Advertisement

Yes, sorry Foxy, stupidly clicked on my mail response and thought I was on the other forum. Thank God someone is awake eh...

Ok Havetoquit, been an exciting day. Bus Eireann, yes naturally if not Kavanagh's. I reckon the authorites should put their foot down, don't forget the taxi lads, wow.

I have no illusions, but on the positive side can you imagine a day in the future when you will arrive at Waterford airport and in front of you will be a flight info board with Luton, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow and European cities as well flickering away in front of you.... what a dream for us and those who visit us.

Does anyone realize I wonder how many people from the South East work in those places, or indeed how many French, Germans or Dutch live, study or work here and not all in Dublin, Galway and Cork and they too would use the airport. Students coming to the Language institute for summer would also use it if there were flights at least in summer from their major cities.

I don't see the impact being too heavy on Rosslare Europort, as they will always have their daily freight and those who bring their cars for touring on from our region further afield. It will also continue to have the west Wales passengers passengers who come on long weekends to Wexford and Rosslare in coaches and it will always have the cycle enthusiasts and motor cycle fans.

If Martin Luther King and Mandela can dream, though for something far greater than flights to and from Waterford, then so can we.

I went to school on roads full of pot holes that had not even been tarmacked and dreamed of a smooth surface to walk upon. Little did I think that as I cruised down Germany's amazing autobahns that we too would one day have our own, so, it's never too late for improvement in any area of our infrastructure, as long as it is strived for, properly managed, wanted and supported by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

tankbarry wrote: »
    2 flights to Manchester friday coming back sunday perfect for a game on saturday only 154 for 2 thats some price.

lets hope everybody uses this service. 100% better service then Aer Arann ever was

Premiership finishes on the 19th of May. If flight times/prices stay the same when the season starts up again it will be full most weekends between Liverpool/United supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Lot of games are Sunday 1600 KO , so the later flight time (aer arann was 1150) on the Sunday would be a rush and doubt many would take the chance on arriving at 2pm into Manchester

• Advertisement

Is there any feed back from the airport bosses? One presumes they do read or get informed of what is being said? Anyone in the know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Flybe have just loaded MAN and BHX's winter schedule from WAT up to Friday 21st February.

Looks like they could be here year round..

No news yet on a London route. Could be after summer by the time one comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Anyone know of any news on potentially getting a London route??? Always surprised to see the LCY route go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Do tell me more, what lower rate do they have?

I read that in the Phoenix column of Waterford N&S. Can't remember the figure though.

Advertisement