Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Balance Runners

Options
  • 16-05-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

anyone know if there is an issue with New Balance supplies in the west of Ireland?

I've been trying to replace my very worn 1064's for a few months now and have been to quite a few shops without any joy. I have put them on special order in 3 shops and just keeping getting fobbed off with "in the next few days", "early next week".

I got fed up with this and decided to order online via Amazon but am now getting the same runaround from the online supplier. "We would like to inform you that we are experiencing a small delay with the product(s) you ordered from us"

I know the 1064's are now superseded by 1080's, maybe the issue is in the transition?

Any advice on a 'sure thing' as far as NB supplies would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY

Hi Cartaigh,

New Balance have had very low levels of some shoe stock for the past couple of months. Almost all of the shoe suppliers are in a transition phase with either new colours or new styles changing over st the start of the summer.

I think a lot of the low stock levels, not just with New Balance, is due to conservative forward orders by the shops and lean stock management by the manufacturers.

I know from ourselves, we have had shoes on back order for several weeks and are only now starting to get deliveries so hopefully this is being rectified.

The 1064 is now the 1080.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carthaigh

Hi Ampkingwest,

thanks for the info. As it happens one of the orders came through, maybe the supply lines are opening up again.

Advertisement