Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much fluids should a 1 year old drink a day?

Options
  • 16-05-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much a 1 year old should drink a day?
    Our 1 year old is suffering from bad constipation and the doctor said she needs to drink more fluids.

She won't take water so told me to try delute it with some juice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Loonie

I'm wondering the same thing, but I'll tell you what my daughter drinks, if it helps, she's just over 13 months, 12 months corrected.

3-6 oz cows milk (we've taken away 2 bottles and replaced them with sippy cups of cows milk)
    10-12 oz formula (bottles morning and night still)
    3-6 oz water (sometimes with a little juice added)

I'd say it evens out at about 18-20oz of liquids a day, and she's never been constipated. She has 3 meals and a snack during the day, cereal with fruit for breakfast, main meat meal at lunch, and something light for dinner, and usually yoghurt or finger foods for a snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bashful

Thanks for the reply I will try the water with a bit of juice.

Advertisement