Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Indesign CS4

Options
  • 16-05-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Do any of you have Indesign CS4? I only have CS2 and I was sent a bunch of files created on CS5. They posted the disk from Australia and I'm trying to avoid having to ask for it again.

I was able to download a free trial of CS5 but not I need CS4 to convert the files into interexchange files.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Official CS4 & CS3 trial is still available for download here
    http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

qpd wrote: »
    Official CS4 & CS3 trial is still available for download here
    http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

I've tried this already and the website keeps directing me to CS5 - do you have a bit more information? Maybe I'm missing something?

Everything you need is on that page.

Everything you need is on that page.

I'm not getting stuck on that page. I click on the link, I sign in & resume downloading trial and I'm transferred to this page

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ where I don't see anything about CS4.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe doesn't provide CS4 anymore, afterall they want you to buy CS5.

It's not a matter of just clicking the link graflynn
    Instructions on the page:
    So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!

Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, firewalls or antivirus software.
    Click here to visit this page like you want to try Photoshop CS5.1, and then select the “Download Now” button at the bottom.
    If you already have an Adobe ID, then please sign in with it (checking “Remember me“), otherwise take a minute to create one for yourself.
    Wait a moment and then close/cancel any download windows that pop up for the trial of Photoshop CS5.1 (you can do a full trial for it later).
    Now that you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have plenty of disk space available.
    Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
    Then follow the product installation instructions here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

graflynn wrote: »
    They posted the disk from Australia and I'm trying to avoid having to ask for it again.

Ask them to save the files back for you using .inx
    They can then zip all the .inx files and email them to you.

It's not a matter of just clicking the link graflynn
    Instructions on the page:

Thanks qpd. I did have some minor problems but I got sorted.

Evolution Nights: it was 3 separate folders of files so still pretty large even in zip format. and I would have to go through a middle man to get in touch with the source (it was complicated but I would have done it if I had too).

Advertisement