If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu-Ray Help

Options
  • 16-05-2011 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

Looking for some help :confused: with my blu-ray player (ONKYO DV-BD507). It is hooked up to an ONKYO HTX-22HDX.

Got a loan of a blu-ray (The Expendables) but can only see a small portion of the display in the centre of the TV screen (Samsung). I have tried a different TV (LG) and hooked the blu-ray directly to the TV but it makes no difference. The blu-ray will play perfectly on a PS3 hooked to the LG.

The ONKYO will play a different blu-ray (Blood Diamond) perfectly.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Bearpal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bearpal.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

The first thing to check is the passthrough on the HTX.

If you plug another other HDMI device into the HTX, does it perform normally and if the BD507 plays normally when connected directly to the TV, is it only when the player is connected to the HTX22 that you get the screen distortion ?

Is the BD507 running the latest version of firmware ? See page 50 of the manual or if you have lost the manual, find it here : http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1451065/Manual_DV-BD507_English.pdf

If you can let me know the answers to these 2 questions, we'll see if we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Regards

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bearpal

Hi Dave,

Great to get a response:)

The current version on the firmware is 1.002

The BD507 does not play correctly when connected directly to the TV. Unfortunately don't have another deviceto test the HTX, but it did work perfectly for the 'Blood Diamond' blu-ray disc.

Thanks,

Bearpal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

O.K. - sounds like firmware.

Are you only having this issue on the Expendables disk ?

It's most likely a firmware issue but I can't find out from Onkyo, and I'm waiting for a call back.

Have you tried connecting it to the web and doing a firmware update ?

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bearpal

As far as I can tell it is only with the Expendables disc.

I'll have a go at doing a firmware update and let you know how I get on. If you hear anything from ONKYO then let me know.

Thanks,

Bearpal

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.