Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with set up of eircom bb

• 16-05-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

hi i went to set up Eircom broadband for my aunt today. the problem is it wont work through the filter it has to plugged straight into the phone line socket or it will show as no internet access i tried it in the two phone sockets in her house. any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,448 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'll need to provide some basic info at least.

What do the line stats say?
    Is basic sync being achieved?
    What VPI/VCI is set?
    What username ans password are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

im sorry i dont know what you are talking about. all i know is when i use the filter and plug the phone and broadband in the same socket it wont work and when i plug the broadband in by it self (no phone or filter) in to the socket it works fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

Conchurl wrote: »
    im sorry i dont know what you are talking about. all i know is when i use the filter and plug the phone and broadband in the same socket it wont work and when i plug the broadband in by it self (no phone or filter) in to the socket it works fine

You have them connected the right way?

ya had it connected the right was the phone wire in the filter under the picture of the phone and the broadband into the other one on the filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

Very strange, did you have another filter to try? Or try holding the filter when its in, maybe the phone connection is wired badly and the weight of the filter makes it worse?

This is all guess work, Eircom broadband support in my experience are actually good, not free to call but they do help.

• Advertisement

i will try a different filter tomorrow

Advertisement