Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank still charging for OD

Options
  • 16-05-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have a current account with BOI.
    I do not have an overdraft.(thinking of getting one now though)

Issue
    Certain items (DDs) have come and made my account OD (fair enough)
    Now what is not fair enough is that my bank instead of disallowing me to spend on my laser card(and getting deeper into hock) they have let me continue on spending and charging me €10 for every overdrawn item.(just check my account today after about a week- 10days.
    I find that I have 16 OD items(€160)
    It is not in their interest to make you aware of these overspends i.e. not allowing me to use my card for a payment (refusal at a point of purchase so as to alert me to the fact that I am overdrawn so I could take action asap!)
    I have banked with BOI for over 20 years and seriously considering changing to Ulster bank or any other bank.
    What you people think?

Advertisement