Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank CC Decline

Options
  • 16-05-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anybody know what way UB decide on Credit cards?

I'm with them a year since Halifax closed moved my savings of near 30k over to them have a good full time job etc, never owed any banks any money. Got a letter of decline and no reason when I rang the some guy in the UK that he could give...I'm annoyed about it so I will probably close my accounts and go to PTSB for visa debits. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Contact you local branch branch and ask them to find out exactly why. It will shed more light on it. Than ask for them to appeal. Clearly there is something a foot with your end or theirs.

Its all about affordability, did you put your large savings balance on the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

part of approval process is a credit rating check if you have never had a loan in the past you may not have a rating (good or bad) maybe thats their reason. anyway they have to tell you the reason for decline in writing and give you the opportunity to appeal the decision. Personally I had a card with UB and it was impossible to get rid of the thing when I got one with a better rate online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

part of approval process is a credit rating check if you have never had a loan in the past you may not have a rating (good or bad) maybe thats their reason. anyway they have to tell you the reason for decline in writing and give you the opportunity to appeal the decision. Personally I had a card with UB and it was impossible to get rid of the thing when I got one with a better rate online

They do not have to give a reason.

OP credit card departments often may not be aware of your savings accounts. Since you never had a loan with a bank you are a higher risk than someone who has had previous loans and paid on time in terms of your credit history.

Maybe appeal the decline and advise of your savings with the branch to ensure they are aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

Contact you local branch branch and ask them to find out exactly why. It will shed more light on it. Than ask for them to appeal. Clearly there is something a foot with your end or theirs.

Its all about affordability, did you put your large savings balance on the form?

I filled it in in branch giving all my savings and full details etc

I rang my branch today and she rang to find out more info. Rang me back said I should appeal with WAIT FOR IT 3 months bank statements! I asked could they not just print it for themselves and got told no thats what they wanted. What is the point in that????:confused:

As an aside i've run a credit check but I doubt anything will be on that unless a mistake has been made.

So I really cant see the point in doing what they asked so I shall apply elsewhere hopefully get one and then move my savings and current account to the bank that gives me one! :rolleyes:

They seem to be all over the place as I know of three peoples applications they actually lost in full. Bring back Halifax their seemed a lot more clued in with customers....

almalahide wrote: »
    I filled it in in branch giving all my savings and full details etc

I rang my branch today and she rang to find out more info. Rang me back said I should appeal with WAIT FOR IT 3 months bank statements! I asked could they not just print it for themselves and got told no thats what they wanted. What is the point in that????:confused:

As an aside i've run a credit check but I doubt anything will be on that unless a mistake has been made.

So I really cant see the point in doing what they asked so I shall apply elsewhere hopefully get one and then move my savings and current account to the bank that gives me one! :rolleyes:

They seem to be all over the place as I know of three peoples applications they actually lost in full. Bring back Halifax their seemed a lot more clued in with customers....

Ok, please call the branch and ask for the sqa. Explain the stupidity of being asked to provide 3 months bank statements when the branch can print them off themselves and ask for an appeal to be done.

State you are unhappy with the service you have received so far and ask for them to deal with this as a complaint and ask for them to forward you on a letter containing the concern reference number. That will get the ball rolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ok, please call the branch and ask for the sqa. Explain the stupidity of being asked to provide 3 months bank statements when the branch can print them off themselves and ask for an appeal to be done.

State you are unhappy with the service you have received so far and ask for them to deal with this as a complaint and ask for them to forward you on a letter containing the concern reference number. That will get the ball rolling.

Thats good info to go wiht OP. It will get their heads in gear when they know you know what you are talking about.

However if you do feel badly treated and feel like moving account then you should do so if you wish. You could even talk to another local branch and advise them you want credit card and will be a condition of moving your deposits. The banks are crying out for deposits and thus should move the process along quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

Thanks guys I appreciate the reply.

I will probably do that tomorrow and see what they say. I know its not a huge amount but i did think it would make them want to keep a customer.
    After I posted earlier, I rang the CC Dept again in UK and they did admit it was stupid but didn't think of anything else I should send in to appeal.

The girl from my branch said they couldn't appeal it, it would be great if they did! I will probably go to PTSB due to Visa Debit thats why I went to UB from Halifax....

Depends on why it was declined in the first place. I'd complain about it anyhow.

Advertisement