Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear WGT624v4

Options
  • 16-05-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Have had an issue for about 2 weeks with this router, keeps cutting out at random.

When trying a reset, the test signal just remains on. Tried at least 10 times with no joy. Router was bought in summer 09. Connection is fine when directly into laptop.

Called support but they want money (maybe i would be better off just getting a new router?).

Tried googling for some enlightenment on this but couldnt find anything that has helped.

I also cannot access routerlogin.net from browser. Is it RIP for the router?

Any ideas or direction on how to solve this is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Take it back to the retailer, there should be a 2 year warranty on it. My Netgear packed up after 6 months and was exchaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

DanWall wrote: »
    Take it back to the retailer, there should be a 2 year warranty on it. My Netgear packed up after 6 months and was exchaged.

Yup, thanks. Dont have the receipt but i think il take it in anyway, may be able to talk myself into a free replacement.

Have ended up putting my old router back in which is another netgear but having major issues with reconfiguration of it, keep having to refresh several times until the pages will load, ughhh.

Advertisement