Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just been to BLOW UP THE LIFFEY BRIDGES. Its really awful ;-(

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bkenny08

muzygirl wrote: »
    sent GCT an email and I suggest everyone else do the same. The more of that complain, the better!
    They replied apologizing that the show was... (and I quote) 'not to your liking' !!
    just did!! I agree everyone should let them now how bad this show was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dreadful.

Mail sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whoppa

bought two tickets on livingsocial for this show and went last night. Only sorry I didn't google it first and see this thread. It was God awful, left with my gf last night. Shocking performance by all involved. Looked like it was just slapped together last minute. worst play I was every at. The abbey would never have a play so terrible adorn their stage. shame on GCT for putting this play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nyconuntouch

Whats the email address to this guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

I (thankfullly) didn't see this play, but the original play was set in Liverpool, called "Brick Up The Mersey Tunnels". The author obviously thought he could transport it easily to Dublin.
    I think I read somewhere that it saved the Liverppol Playhouse from bankruptcy coz it ran for so long...

It's on in Liverpool in June if anyone wants to see the original :-) !!!
    from https://royalcourtliverpool.ticketsolve.com/shows/126511610/events

More than 130,000 people have poured through the doors to see this show since its debut in 2006. A brilliant comedy with music which has raced to the top of any “must see” list of Liverpool plays is back for 2011!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I (thankfullly) didn't see this play, but the original play was set in Liverpool, called "Brick Up The Mersey Tunnels". The author obviously thought he could transport it easily to Dublin.
    I think I read somewhere that it saved the Liverppol Playhouse from bankruptcy coz it ran for so long...

It's on in Liverpool in June if anyone wants to see the original :-) !!!
    from https://royalcourtliverpool.ticketsolve.com/shows/126511610/events

More than 130,000 people have poured through the doors to see this show since its debut in 2006. A brilliant comedy with music which has raced to the top of any “must see” list of Liverpool plays is back for 2011!

The strange thing was it was set in Dublin. With two Dublin taxi companies. And then a group of Liverpool builders working on a site in Dublin :confused:

It was pure sh1te :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Hello caller, Joe here, you're through to Liveline!

Advertisement