Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going Grey

• 16-05-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, recently I've started going grey, I'm 24 but knew I'd start losing my colour at some stage.

Anyway's it actually doesn't bother me too much apart from where it is, just on the top of my head about 2 inch's back from my fringe, a small patch maybe an inch in diameter, just a few hairs, nothing crazy noticeable.

I am just wondering is there any products out there that are handy to use to cover this up? Brown hair if that makes any difference.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Do they still sell Grecian 2000?...or has it been consigned to the retro history bin along with Hi-Karate! after-shave and Ronco Cut-Your-Own-Hair devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Go grey naturally. Don't let the adverts guide your life. You don't need hair dye. You will look better without it and save yourself time, money and grief.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's been quite a few lads I've worked with have gone grey from around the same time as yourself. They just left it. They never bothered dying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I'm 28 with brown hair and been going grey several years. The brown doesn't show it up though much. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, though I am really glad I am not losing my hair. I would hate that! Plus when you have an older face and pastel-perfect hair, it looks a bit odd; can even make you look older in some cases.

I agree with Old Goat. Embrace nature maaaan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I agree with Old Goat. Embrace nature maaaan!
    I'll remind you of these words in a few years when 'The Bald' starts and you start clamering for Regen (or whatever the snakeoil is called then) :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Mark! wrote: »
    Hi everyone, recently I've started going grey, I'm 24 but knew I'd start losing my colour at some stage.

Anyway's it actually doesn't bother me too much apart from where it is, just on the top of my head about 2 inch's back from my fringe, a small patch maybe an inch in diameter, just a few hairs, nothing crazy noticeable.

I am just wondering is there any products out there that are handy to use to cover this up? Brown hair if that makes any difference.

Cheers in advance.

Welcome to the club, I'm going grey hair by hair and not in patches but I'm of similar age to yourself. Salt & pepper, embrace it - Life's too short to be worrying about hair colour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

There's a lot worse to worry about in life than going thin, or turning silver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

May I just say as a gurl, that grey hair on a young guy is hot.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i look even sexier now my hais going grey and i'm 25!

true story...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

true story...

Well, I'm convinced.:)

Giselle wrote: »
    Well, I'm convinced.:)

PM me <_< :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

The term "silver fox" was designed for just such a situation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Definitely go grey naturally. Have you seen Matt LeBlanc since he stopped dying his hair black?
    matt-leblanc-episodes-300x300.jpg

Massive improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd rather go grey than bald, nothing wrong with grey hair at all, chances are I will as both of my grandfathers had silver hair young enough and so does my dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Yeah man, stay cool about it. Like everybody else said. At least your not going bald. But I think the salt & peper look works better with jet black hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Grey hair can look great on guys! Don't be worrying about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Cheers for all the advice everyone, as i said i don't actually mind going grey but the what i was saying is that at the moment it is only going grey in one small area so i was just looking to cover up that small area if there was something handy that i could use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

My head is like a race between bald and grey.

I'm cheering for grey!

So is there really nothing one can do to stop their hair going grey? I had like the odd few hairs when I was 17/18 years old. Now at 22, I've loads -all single hairs, no patches thankfully. It's not as noticeable when my hair is really short and neat but it is when its long. Hate seeing long grey hairs so I get my hair cut fairly often. I have jet black hair too so g'wan the salt and pepper look! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

So is there really nothing one can do to stop their hair going grey? I had like the odd few hairs when I was 17/18 years old. Now at 22, I've loads -all single hairs, no patches thankfully. It's not as noticeable when my hair is really short and neat but it is when its long. Hate seeing long grey hairs so I get my hair cut fairly often. I have jet black hair too so g'wan the salt and pepper look! :)

Wasnt there a thread about this recently? If you want to dye your hair, use just for men(as i do). You can get it in most of the main shops or chemists and there are nine different shades i think, use the one that is closest to your natural colour. Alternatively, you could get it done in a hair studio like toni & guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I'm 35 and going grey myself but I have mousey brown hair with natural blondish streaks so it's not as noticeable thankfully.

I'd say go grey naturally, you'd be only fooling yourself in the long run anyway.

Btw it seems like going bald is a major fear going by the reactions below:
    I am really glad I am not losing my hair. I would hate that!
    krudler wrote:
    I'd rather go grey than bald
    jme2010 wrote:
    At least your not going bald.
    My head is like a race between bald and grey.

I'm cheering for grey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Grey or Bald. Do it naturally.

The most unattractive trait in every man I have ever met is when they try to cover up a receeding hairline, or the fact that they are going grey. Most of my female friends would feel the same.

Have you forgotten that us women adore our dads...and most, if not all of our dads are grey or bald.....it's human nature that we then go on to be attracted to men who (subconsciously) remind us of of them:D

Do nothing Op.

Advertisement