Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stray dog followed me home

Options
  • 16-05-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

like the title said, i was out walking one of my dogs this evening when a dog started to follow us on o'connell st. i walked about town a bit in the rain hoping he would get his bearings but he ended up back home with me (beside the showgrounds) i fed him but he is too big to bring inside (i already have a nervous rescue dog). he is definately someones pet, what do i do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Phone the guards, local vet, dog warden, radio station.
    Poor thing I hope you find his owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Ah shur he'll be grand, tis an adventure for him.

Warden's no. is 071-9163320

From here:

http://www.sligococo.ie/Services/Environment/adopt%20a%20dog/

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

thanks, just called sligo guarda station, no report of a missing dog, put it up on facebook and got it played on ocean, dog is so tame that it has to belong to someone, wont go into my other dogs kennel out the back, just sits in the run by the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Aww he's a lovely looking fella. hopefully you find his owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Maybe take his picture and put it up in the local shops too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

cheers. the guards advised me to call the dog warden in the morning. he only works nine to five.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Doesn't look like a stray anyway. Looks well cared for, big bright blue collor, someone will be missing him.

Hope some one claims him.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

As long as he's safe. That's the main thing right?

So don't be worrying! Someone will look for him in due time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Did he have the collar on him when you found him? Looks like a dog that followed me and my fella around mitchell curley park last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Fair play OP for feeding and looking after the poor oul fella.

• Advertisement
Advertisement