Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden laylandi trees

Options
  • 16-05-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have approx 160 golden laylandi trees (not sure the correct spelling) which were sown 3 years ago. But last winter has badly affected approx them all and i think some of them (30) are dead.

What is the best to feed these trees to try and revive them ??

I used fish blood and bone meal. Also in the last few weeks I have used miracle grow liquid twice (every two weeks).

Can anybody help me as these trees are expensive to replace and also i know very little about gardening ?

Thanks in advance:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

I think your fighting a losing battle. If they are gone a reddish colour they are dead,i have lost 2 leylandi hedges this year approx 250 trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Sedum and Sage

It's probably better not to feed them at all, by all means give them water if the soil seems dry but feeding may just stress them more. I would consider replacing the dead ones with something hardier (and nicer!) like beech, which you can buy bareroot from about Sept. Then as the rest of your leylandii gradually die (as I imagine they will) you can continue to replant.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Thanks for all the good news !!!

Advertisement