Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggie in pain

• 16-05-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, need some advice here, got my female doggie neutered on friday, and she now seems very uncomfortable and in pain, problem is my vet didnt give me any pain relief. Is it possible to give her a small amout of paracetemol, just to take the edge off till the morning and i can get the vet?? Shes a miniature jack russel, and is looking very sad :( please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Mine was done on friday and both were given painkillers and antibiotics to prevent infection. If i was you and she was in pain i'd phone the emergency number and tell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Yes defo ring the emergency number and ask. I'm not sure you can give paracetamol. You could give some Rescue Remedy if you have that at home.

Poor pet, hope she is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Never ever give a cat or dog human pain meds - paracetamol is a deadly poison for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

sionnaic wrote: »
    Never ever give a cat or dog human pain meds - paracetamol is a deadly poison for them

The latter part seems to be true for cats, but not for dogs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol#Veterinary_use

I agree with the first sentiment of your post, but for someone already worried about their pet, the latter part is largely unfounded, and completely unnecessary, scaremongering that could add to their worries.

Advertisement