Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea returns

• 16-05-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭

hi guys

Quick one here. I bought a set of drawers, 5 items in all and through my utter genius I managed to pick up one a different colour from the rest. Thing is I opened the box with the wood before I realised. I haven't tried to put anything together and the wood is exactly the way it was packed but because the box is open, will they refuse to exchange it?

Any help appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

Did something similar myself - put everything back in the box and brought it back with the receipt no problems at all - just a bit slow as there were loads of people in front of me (dont forget to take a ticket when you go to the returns counter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I found their returns a very simple process and the staff were very helpful and co-operative. My return was a large package but it was still in the box so they took it back without asking any questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cheers guys!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have to say from my own experience ikea returns is great, they've accepted back items I honestly thought they wouldn't and 90 days is more then enough time to get the chance to visit them.

All in all not bad for a service they actually don't have to offer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I bought a rug from them and decided it wouldn't suit. Whe I returned it the process was very quick and friendly, no hassle at all!
    They are very helpful in my experience.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies guys, am gonna pop up today after work and will let you know how I get on.

It was like going home to my mam :o

Lovely lady was there

"Ah did you make a mistake? No Problem love"

and then proceeded to write down exactly where I needed to go, what number to look for and then called over an attendant to bring me there, all while assuring me that it wasn't my fault and everybody has this problem.

Honestly, hands down, best customer service I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

com1 wrote: »
    Did something similar myself - put everything back in the box and brought it back with the receipt no problems at all - just a bit slow as there were loads of people in front of me (dont forget to take a ticket when you go to the returns counter)

As has been said by a few, you should have no problems at all, just needs to be resellable.

Advertisement