Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Slowband

• 16-05-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Ive been with Eircom years now and i've had the same issue all those years, though lately its been worse.
    After 6pm til about 10pm i get insanely low speeds and insanely high PING!
    Im meant to have 6meg broadband but after 6pm Im lucky if i hit dial up speeds!
    Ive had them check it and they report no issues with the line! I download a little during the day and i will hit 6meg, but if Im downloading after 6 i see it barely making it over 18kbps!

It jumps back up around 10, sometimes 11, saturday it was nearly 1 before i could play online again without a PING that i've only seen from a friend in the US playing on a Denmark server!

There must be something we can do! They are not providing the service they are being paid for! And there has been several nights i've lost connection completely at 2am til about 4am! And when i call, the say, NO ISSUES!!! I've had 3 modems, 4 cable changes and yet during the day I'm fine but come evening, boom, hit with a massive drop speed again!

I know they cant promise the max, yes it does say that, but why can i get it til about 5.59pm and then its gone at a minute past 6!

Hell just to load this page took nearly a minute before i could start writing!

1299008347.png

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked if any of your neighbours suffer from the same problem? It sounds like contention but it seems odd that it kicks in at a precise time so regularly.

What exchange are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Edg3 wrote: »
    After 6pm til about 10pm i get insanely low speeds and insanely high PING!
    Im meant to have 6meg broadband but after 6pm Im lucky if i hit dial up speeds!

in a word it's most likely contention, you'll have to wait until they upgrade the backhaul in your exchange to the NGB.
    Sorry I've go no magic solution for you but that seems to be the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Oh i know theres no magic solution, ive been having this issue for years!

neighbors are all on 1meg lines, im the only one on my road with a 6meg. So they notice no difference in the evenings, but im on the pc all day long and i do!

Im on the slane exchange, we only got BB about 4 years ago and it was a battle even then to get it!

Im to far out in the country side to get NTL or Sky so swapping to them isnt a choice. Its just highly frustrating as i only get a small amount of time in the evenings to play online and with a ping of 500+ i cant!

Advertisement