Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to eat defrosted fish...

Options
  • 16-05-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

My housemate decided to defrost the fridge freezer on saturday and took everything out including my frozen fish (the kind covered in batter). I put it back into the fridge (not the freezer part) later that night after it had finished defrosting and had it switched on again. I wondering would it be safe to cook it tonight and eat it? Or should I just dump it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It may be safe to eat, but fish like that is usually best cooked from frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

Ok thanks, I read the box and it said if thawed use immediately and I just dumped it there, I don't want to take the risk of getting sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Its not that likely you would get sick the reason that they specify to use from frozen is that they don't crisp that well if they are defrosted.
    The drip loss from the fillet makes the coating too damp.

Advertisement