Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham City Imposters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Oh this sounds too awesome!

Gotham City Imposters is a FPS shooter based in the DC world off Gotham where you customize your player with costumes, gadgets and guns and go all out heroes vs villains. For PSN, xbox arcade and PC. I will def be keeping my eye on this!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301618/news/gotham-city-imposters-confirmed/

Dammit i was gonna post this , fair play dude;)

Does sound cool, made by the guys who did the fear games i be keeping my eyes on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ss_preview_Impostors_Lineup_Clean.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sounds like Monday Night Combat/Team Fortress 2. If its anything like either of those, I'm sold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm having awful thoughts that this may turn out like that terrible 'Punisher' game I bought on PSN a good few months back... man that was craptastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Healium wrote: »
    ss_preview_Impostors_Lineup_Clean.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Is that Banana Man in the middle? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Sounds like Monday Night Combat/Team Fortress 2. If its anything like either of those, I'm sold

I was a long time TF2 player before they ruined it with the hats, and I'd defo say it looks like a mix of both. Some of the moves look cloned straight from TF2 but I think this looks like it could be a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I hate how all the comments are basically "OMG TF2!" as if TF2 invented stylization :/

It is not the same visual style as TF2 and the gameplay is not the same either. It's like people think any FPS that isn't a military shooter is automatically a TF2 clone.

Looks like it could be fun though, although I'm not impressed with the animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I have been playing this for the past week and for 1200ms points it is fantastic value.
    The controls are almost the same as mw3 so easy to pick up and play, the graphics are good but a little bouncy when running, gameplay is great, a little frantic and frustrating at times but little things like you get points for the amount of damage you inflict does help.

The weapons seem balanced and there is a good selection with a few quirky ones, there is also what I call the secondary extras - roller skates that you can go faster and hit ramps with for jumps, wings that let you shoot up in the air when walking over vents so you can glide around, goggles that you can spot and tag the enemy, and more.
    There is only 5 maps which will lead to you getting sick of them fairly quickly (I understand a new one is being released in March for free) - Id say they are all fine maps - not fantastic but none crap.
    The three different game modes are good and show the games quirky humour very well - from wiki "One capture the flag-style mode of the game, called "Psychological Warfare", involves the two teams trying to bring a battery back to their base and defend it long enough for it to allow a machine to brainwash the other team"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've been enjoying it a lot. It could do with more maps but that's about the only criticism I have, for 1200 points it's a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Anyone know if this has 4 player split screen?
    I'll probably get it if it dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I've been enjoying it a lot. It could do with more maps but that's about the only criticism I have, for 1200 points it's a cracking game.

A new map arriving in march

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Gotham-City-Impostors-Gets-Free-Update-with-New-Content-in-March-252798.shtml

I read somewhere else that there will be DLC later with new maps, however I can't remember which site said it.

Advertisement