Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow dancer extras?!?!

Options
  • 16-05-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Did anyone else audition.
    I went early and there was such a queue!

Half of Dublin must have been there :)

Does anyone have any more info, like when will we know if we've been chosen etc.

Hope I get picked :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Got there about 3pm and there was still quite a few turning up!

Usually with them sort of auditions you'll get a phone call asking can you work on a certain date, if they pick you!
    Could be anytime from tomorrow untill they finish shooting so dont hold your breath waiting on the phone to ring ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Here's hoping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I went at 5. There was still a decent que alright. Went out the front door and around the corner. i'd say I was half an hour in total.

Does anyone know really what type of person they're after or is it just crowd type?

Apparantly it's shooting in the next two weeks so if we get picked we should hear something very soon?

Anyone know of anything similiar coming up? :D

Anyone get a call back?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Blergtastic

I was there at around 12. Not a massive queue but big enough.

Haven't got a call, but here's hoping! Desprah for work!:D

I was there at around 12. Not a massive queue but big enough.

Haven't got a call, but here's hoping! Desprah for work!:D

Me too ;)

Let us know if you get a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Anyone get a call back for Shadow Dancer? How did everyone's auditions go? :-)

No call for me so far anyway!

Does anyone know what year the movie is set? If it's 1960s/70s then would that mean that people with dyed hair (pink, purple, whichever!) would have less of a chance of being an extra? Just wondering

No call for me either :(

I have natural hair, could take on any era I guess so I don't know what they were looking for.

I knew about six other people varying in ages from 15-76 and none of them have got a call so who knows!

Shame, I was really looking forward to it :(

• Advertisement

No call for me either :(

I have natural hair, could take on any era I guess so I don't know what they were looking for.

I knew about six other people varying in ages from 15-76 and none of them have got a call so who knows!

Shame, I was really looking forward to it :(

I rang them the other day and they're starting filming next week, so there's hope of some of us being chosen as extras! :)

No call for me either

Shame, I was really looking forward to it

Same, I have natural hair too.

Ah ok. It's strange that we haven't heard of anyone getting a call. None of the people I went with got one either.

Don't despair - we'll be movie stars yet!;)

hoodini89 wrote: »
    I rang them the other day and they're starting filming next week, so there's hope of some of us being chosen as extras! :)

Thanks for the info! Did they say whether they'd started casting extras yet?

Thanks for the info! Did they say whether they'd started casting extras yet?

No prob! Nearly sure they haven't started casting extras yet. I sent them an application by post so rang them to make sure they had received it. I don't think they had even seen my application yet, so they must be still deciding who to choose as extras. Fingers crossed we get parts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

They're filming it out here in Knocklyon. A whole estate road has been replaced with 1970's cars with Northern Ireland reg plates :D

higgz wrote: »
    They're filming it out here in Knocklyon. A whole estate road has been replaced with 1970's cars with Northern Ireland reg plates :D

oooh where abouts? I might spin up for a look! :D

I read in indo today, it's started filming and no call back from me :((((((

Friend of mine (who i dragged to the auditions with me) done a days work for them yesterday...

still no call for me though! :o

Advertisement