Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A loan with no credit rating.

Options
  • 16-05-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I am due to get married in 8 weeks time,due to not assesing the true cost of the wedding ,i am 5000 euro short,i have no credit rating as i dont have a credit card,or any loans.will it be possible for me to get a loan off the bank.I appreciate any responses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

peteypop wrote: »
    I am due to get married in 8 weeks time,due to not assesing the true cost of the wedding ,i am 5000 euro short,i have no credit rating as i dont have a credit card,or any loans.will it be possible for me to get a loan off the bank.I appreciate any responses.

It's not all about your credit rating. Banks will also look at your savings history, account standing (unauthorised overdrafts, bounced cheques), income (salary) & expenditure (rent, car expenses) and also the collateral you can put up for the loan (probably not applicable in this case).

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to sink €5000 into one day. Try making some last-minute cuts, even if it means phoning a supplier with a sob-story and asking for a discount - scrap the complementary drink at the reception, spend less on flowers, change the honeymoon to blackpool...

You should also remember that you will probably receive a lot of money on the day, so this should reduce your need for a loan if some of the suppliers don't insist on all cash upfront.

Advertisement