Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Tipster Summer 11

Options
  • 17-05-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Well going to post my GAA Nap for the week here every week, and put money on it to prove I trust my own head. First tip to appear soon!! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated and discussed and the craic will be had

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

Ok going to start off easy as here aren't many matches on this yet.

Kildare 1/4
    Laois 4/11
    Sligo 2/9

Odds just over evens i'm afraid but there's little value this week. Maybe throw them in with a Prem team or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

T2daK wrote: »
    Ok going to start off easy as here aren't many matches on this yet.

Kildare 1/4
    Laois 4/11
    Sligo 2/9

Odds just over evens i'm afraid but there's little value this week. Maybe throw them in with a Prem team or something

Laois poor value imo and could be the only slip up this weekend would back Derry, Kerry, Cork, Kildare and Sligo in accumulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Agree with the above. That accumm only comes to 7/10 :eek: Think you might get a bit better value with some handicaps in there OP.

patmac wrote: »
    Laois poor value imo and could be the only slip up this weekend would back Derry, Kerry, Cork, Kildare and Sligo in accumulator.

Kerry are overwhelming favs no point putting them in.

1/20 and cork 1/100 waste of time. derry 1/6 as well whats the point?

c_man wrote: »
    Agree with the above. That accumm only comes to 7/10 :eek: Think you might get a bit better value with some handicaps in there OP.

money in the pocket is better than losing with a 4 or 5/1 few games.

In future weeks will obviously have better odds more games!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

money in the pocket is better than losing with a 4 or 5/1 few games.

Ha! Thinking of starting a log for the Summer's football myself.
    In future weeks will obviously have better odds more games!!

True. There was some great value to be got in last years Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I've had to delete some posts which had absolutely nothing to do with GAA what so ever.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the thread for the summer, just keep it to GAA games only.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purpleglory

Good idea for a thread man and trying to be constructive here but a few points.

How can you put up a tip and then say throw in a " prem team or something" to increase the value. It's so random and just doesn't inspire much confidence to be honest.

Secondly, there's absolutely nothing wrong with backing short priced winners so never throw in the extra team to increase the "value".

On your selections I think both Longford and Leitrim will put up sterner fights than they are being given credit for. I don't think Sligo are a great team by any means and given the fact that they may be missing David Kelly I will be laying them in the match odds. I also think that Longford will trouble Laois for periods and may get involved there also.

Hope the thread is followed and look forward to contributing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What if you backed both Cork and Kerry to lead at half time and full time. Better odds..increasing money if you win.

Good idea for a thread man and trying to be constructive here but a few points.

How can you put up a tip and then say throw in a " prem team or something" to increase the value. It's so random and just doesn't inspire much confidence to be honest.

Secondly, there's absolutely nothing wrong with backing short priced winners so never throw in the extra team to increase the "value".

On your selections I think both Longford and Leitrim will put up sterner fights than they are being given credit for. I don't think Sligo are a great team by any means and given the fact that they may be missing David Kelly I will be laying them in the match odds. I also think that Longford will trouble Laois for periods and may get involved there also.

Hope the thread is followed and look forward to contributing

Thank you for your kind words.

I gave my advice and some people didn't like the odds so I suggested they throw something else in if it doesn't suit them. Not that I did.

I agree with Leitrim and Longford they may go close but I still think their opponents are stronger sides with both a full strength.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Marineinsitute

Leitrim are my NAP for the weekend against Sligo. Here is why. Sligo are missing their best player David Kelly through injury, there other star Eamon O'Hara is aging and they will will be heavily reliant on Alan Costello who in my opinion isnt a world beater and Breheny. Sligo have been on a down ward trajectory since bottling the Connacht final last year. They got hammered by Down in the Qualifiers and got relegated from Division 2 this year.

Leitrim performed all right in the league but havent had a Connacht win in a number of years (Besides New York and London) They have a brilliant manager in Mickey Moran, and they recovered as much as you could in the circumstances the tragic death of Philly McGuinness. It always happens in Connacht that one of the smaller teams have a good year and I think this could be Leitrims year. With all this combined Leitrim will be rearing for Sligo this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Marineinsitute

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=148136

I just saw this Mark Breheny is ommited from the Sligo team due to Injury along with David Kelly. That is Sligo's scoring threat gone there.

Sligo, Connacht SFC v Leitrim: P Greene; C Harrison (captain), R Donovan; N Ewing; P McGovern, B Curran, D Rooney; S Gilmartin, T Taylor; A Costello, E O'Hara, F Quinn; S Coen, K Sweeney, A Marren.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

closeline wrote: »
    What if you backed both Cork and Kerry to lead at half time and full time. Better odds..increasing money if you win.
    True although kerry are 1/7 ht/ft with 1/20 to win outright while cork are 1/20 ht/ft with 1/100 outright to win with paddy power still better odds if your putting them in an accumalator.

davedfc wrote: »
    True although kerry are 1/7 ht/ft with 1/20 to win outright while cork are 1/20 ht/ft with 1/100 outright to win with paddy power still better odds if your putting them in an accumalator.

Ya thats what im saying..Can you include those odds (1/7 and 1/20) in an accum and just back the other teams to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

closeline wrote: »
    Ya thats what im saying..Can you include those odds (1/7 and 1/20) in an accum and just back the other teams to win.
    No you couldn't have kerry ht/ft and kerry to win in the same bet what i was saying was to take kerry ht/ft in an accum with a few others because its better value.

davedfc wrote: »
    No you couldn't have kerry ht/ft and kerry to win in the same bet what i was saying was to take kerry ht/ft in an accum with a few others because its better value.
    I know...1/20 is for Cork to win ht/ft and have other teams in an accum..

Last week Sligo failed me :(

anyway Week 2 double.

Down -3 2/1
    Dublin -5 Evens

There are other teams i would consider to be certs, but poor value (Mayo are 1/100!!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

anyway Week 2 double.

Down -3 2/1
    Dublin -5 Evens

There are other teams i would consider to be certs, but poor value (Mayo are 1/100!!)

lol....it's not often that you'll see that!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    lol....it's not often that you'll see that!!!
    Cork were 1/200 last week against Clare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Got a €20 free bet from Paddy Power which I stuck on Wexford to beat Offaly tonight at evens

• Advertisement

anyway Week 2 double.

Down -3 2/1
    Dublin -5 Evens

Sorry forgot to add in Tipperary at 4/11

Two down for ya.

No point sticking in teams at 1/4 and crazy prices like that.

Better off looking at the handicap betting or else the points totals.

That way you can keep it to 2/3 and get a decent yield.

For example last week I did over the points totals in the Cork/Kerry game(30 and 31) Cork were -12 points and Kerry -7 or 8 but the points totals seemed the safer options at if Clare had got 10 points for Cork to overcome the Handicap they'd have needed 22 which was putting me over the points total anyway.

I had Kildare -3 and Sligo -3 but didn't look into the Sligo game so wasn't aware of the losses till this threads tbh.

In these earlier rounds your best to do Handicap or Points totals, Mayo should be good for the total, 30 points or so, any team will always get near 10, so it's 20 from Mayo for around evens.

Two down for ya.

No point sticking in teams at 1/4 and crazy prices like that.

Better off looking at the handicap betting or else the points totals.

That way you can keep it to 2/3 and get a decent yield.

For example last week I did over the points totals in the Cork/Kerry game(30 and 31) Cork were -12 points and Kerry -7 or 8 but the points totals seemed the safer options at if Clare had got 10 points for Cork to overcome the Handicap they'd have needed 22 which was putting me over the points total anyway.

I had Kildare -3 and Sligo -3 but didn't look into the Sligo game so wasn't aware of the losses till this threads tbh.

In these earlier rounds your best to do Handicap or Points totals, Mayo should be good for the total, 30 points or so, any team will always get near 10, so it's 20 from Mayo for around evens.

Jesus Mayo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I lol'd at the thought of Mayo being 1/100 against anyone... boy did they get some fright....fair dues to London.

Jesus Mayo!

I never said to back them :P... I said stick to handicap betting or points totals.

At least you're getting near even money per bet.

I got my bet up at the weekend :P.... Tipp over 23.5 points and over 38.5 in the Wexford/Antrim match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

The real money is to be made in club hurling on Paddy Power and not on the inter county stuff where odds are usually terrible at this time of the year.

Also, just FYI, back Lar Corbett for first goalscorer in every game Tipp play in the championship and you'll come out of it with a profit. I must be after making a couple of thousand off him over the past two or three years with €5 and €10 bets.

Advertisement