Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Floatation Tank

• 17-05-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey guys, did any of you try the Floatation Tank session ?

I have read that this is supposed to be great for recovery and is overall very pleasant and relaxing experience.

I looked it up and there are 2 places that do this in Dublin.

http://www.float.ie/ and http://www.harvestmoon.ie/float.html

It is a bit expensive per session so I would like know if it is worth it.

Anyone care to share his experience with this ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Shelbo

I went for a flotation today in Harvest Moon on Baggot St. I really enjoyed it - after showering you get in to plastic type tank with warm water and 400 kgs of Epsom salts - you turn off the light and then begin to float immediately. You just lie back and enjoy the peace and quiet and the gentle floating motion - very relaxing and your skin feels great after it. Normal price is Euro 60 per session which I think is a bit steep in the current climate but I had a Living Social voucher which only cost me Euro 20 so I got a great deal. Harvest Moon regularly offer deals if you buy three sessions together so it's worth looking out for these. I'd recommend you give it a try even once as it's a nice experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Anybody used any of these recently?

Supposed to have lots of mental and cognitive health benefits if done regularly.
    The sessions are not very cheap but the tanks are expensive to buy if they are good tanks,
    not to mention the costs of the administration, salts, electricity, water and installation so overall good value for money.

The place the OP mentioned has options of unlimited floating for 6 months or one year
    so would probably be the best option for those who are committed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

float.ie doesnt exist anymore afaik

ive used the one in harvest moon before but unimpressed by the hygiene in there,

would take a yoga class and meditation instead combined with some cold water therapy e..g sea dip or contrast therapy i.e. plunge pool and sauna

Advertisement