Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate the Leaving Cert! What about you?

• 17-05-2011 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Leaving cert is RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT!!! I hate it :( The thought of trying really hard and failing is so scary :( What do they expect from us? I don't know about you but i feel BIG changes should be made :( :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

haha , its not all that hard , come on. Its full of stress experience, usually.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

I think its great craic altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

xLauren wrote: »
    Leaving cert is RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT!!! I hate it :( The thought of trying really hard and failing is so scary :( What do they expect from us? I don't know about you but i feel BIG changes should be made :( :mad:

It's almost as if you're expecting the SEC to read this and be like "Yes! you're completely right! We'll cancel the LC this year while we design a much easier alternative! Everyone gets 600 points automatically!"
    :rolleyes:

To be honest I never saw what all the fuss was about. I really enjoyed my 6th year days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

It depends on the person I think! I tend to panic and worry a lot so the lc is my worst nightmare.:( But for more laid back people it's probably not so bad.

That said, I don't go into school freaking out all my friends with my negativity, that stays at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I have it done, so I like it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I am pretty worried but I do think it's a bit hyped up. As long as you've been keeping up with your work over the last two years, and are doing your study now, you should get on fine. The more you stress yourself out, the scarier it seems!

Just try to stop worrying so much and take on the challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Whats the point in complaining when your gonna be sitting in an exam hall in 3 weeks starting your exams? We all have to do it and everyone seems to manage fine.

The argruement that the leaving cert is RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT!!! is nonsense tbh. Every year people manage to get 600 points so its not hard if you work at it.

Grow up a small bit and stop complaining. Exams are a part of life...get over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Anything can seem impossible until you've finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

If I wasn't doing English, Irish and French It'd be much less stressful for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

well I know people are saying its not extremely difficult and yea its not but everyones different, yea so many come out with 600 points every year and whatever, maybe they are getting plenty of help, or just working extremely hard and thats good for them:)..the only thing I think is wrong is it does not show your full ability in a subject, what you have done over the past 2 years, you learn so much and for one petty mistake you could make when your in panic mode or feeling rushed for time in the exam on the day and then you lose out,.people losing out on their courses by 5 points and then having to repeat is crazy, do think the system has to be changed eventually, maybe more continuous assesment or something.
    anyways don't want to rave on about it, everyone says its not as bad as you think,I think it will be fine its bigged up way to much in media etc. good luck in june guys xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

This year has actually been the best year I've had at secondary school since 1st year, I just hope the goodness hasn't distracted me too much from the LC! :P

In fairness, the LC is the most overly-dramatised set of exams ever. College students must sit high-stakes exams every year sure!

Okay, they can repeat their's in the summer if they fail, but still...

jumpguy wrote: »
    This year has actually been the best year I've had at secondary school since 1st year, I just hope the goodness hasn't distracted me too much from the LC! :P

In fairness, the LC is the most overly-dramatised set of exams ever. College students must sit high-stakes exams every year sure!

And if we fail the ones we repeat we have to repeat the year, which costs an upward of €7000 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

It's not that hard.. It's all hype.. Plus..

Not trying to stress you out or anything.. But College is much much worse.. Baha...

You will get flood with assignments and before you know it...
    They'll be coming out your ears!

So dont be worrying about leaving cert.. Remember you're not the only one.

So enjoy the leaving cert craic.. Cause it's always good :)

Also, you said in another thread that you had done "no work".

So, bluntly, it's your own fault. You've no one to blame but yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

jumpguy wrote: »

Me too. I feel much more grown up... Despite the occasional childish outbursts, but hey! I intend on keeping them 'til the day I die! :) Also, there's a great feeling when you're after putting your head down and getting several hours of study done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

je adore de la leaving cert :p ..........wooooooooo

excuse ze bad french just outa my grad ...lol

Advertisement