Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from AH

Options
  • 17-05-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭

hi.

i was banned from AH earlier by Mickey Dolenz for falling foul of the being a dick rule. my offense was linking to a photo of a poster pouting in a thread about pouting which he claimed was unfair.

the 'being a dick' rule is entirely subjective and can depend entirely on the mood of a mod at a particular time. there are plenty of people that use AH that may come across as acting the dick to other posters (we regularly see posts telling flutteringbantam to cut out his posting on his bowel movements as they are old and tired) but they don't receive a ban.

i have also previously linked to a photo of a poster on a thread on cleavage last year in which no action was taken, possibly because the mod at the time didn't see it as acting so.

there needs to be something more concrete in the charter fro AH other than acting the dick. it's way too abitrary and like i already said, is entirely based on the mood of the mod. i think the ban that i got was too harsh, considering that no action was taken for a previous identical incident.

thanks,
    ballsy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

hi ballsy,

I can only deal with the incident in question but for the record linking to posts outside a forum (and indeed within a forum) with the explicit intention of poking fun at a poster has never been accepted behaviour in all the time I've been on boards. In this case I honestly don't see how there is anything subjective about deeming what you did "acting like a dick".

You linked to pictures of another poster in order to poke fun at them, it's personal abuse towards another boards member which is shown zero tolerance on all forums. People put up their photos in the various forums in good faith and there's an accepted level of trust across the site to allow them to do that. It's really not very cool to pull those photos into threads for your own amusement and at the cost of the poster.

Advertisement