Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Burnett on RTE Mission 2012

Options
  • 17-05-2011 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

From the RTE Mission 2012 Site

Who's this Kitty fella :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BOG FLY

Well done Derek and all for a great promotion of clay shooting.
    The other lads name is Kevin "Kilty" not kitty.
    I think Kevins title is peformance Manager but I am open to correction on this.

Derek is a focused and professional individual.
    What is great about the sport of Olympic trap shooting is that even as a novice clay shooter you could be shooting beside Derek on the same squad at a registered shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

BOG FLY wrote: »
    I think Kevins title is peformance Manager but I am open to correction on this.
    ICPSA High Performance Programme Director.

Or ISSF Class A Coach, or Chairman of the ISSF Coaching Advisory Committee or ISSF Training Academy Shotgun Instructor. Or "dogsbody" if it's during a training session :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BOG FLY

I wonder what he does in his spare time!
    Kevin is fair good shot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

That was a good video and nice to see shooting being shown in a good light! good luck to him. will that be on tv yeah?

BOG FLY wrote: »
    I wonder what he does in his spare time!
    He's been known to post on boards every so often...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Sparks wrote: »
    ICPSA High Performance Programme Director.

Or ISSF Class A Coach, or Chairman of the ISSF Coaching Advisory Committee or ISSF Training Academy Shotgun Instructor. Or "dogsbody" if it's during a training session :D :pac:

Why don't you just say God;) now that's a guy I would love to spend a bit of time with. People like that are rare nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's a really good piece with Derek. Glad to see it. Met Kevin and Philip Murphy last year in Munich. Really nice guys. Always great to see them having more success as time goes on.

Longranger wrote: »
    Why don't you just say God;)
    Because obviously that's me :pac:
    Besides, normally when you have that many hats, you feel like Dog would be a more apt title :D
    now that's a guy I would love to spend a bit of time with. People like that are rare nowadays.
    Very true. What the high performance team in the ICPSA have achieved is simply put, the single best achievement in all of shooting in all of Ireland in at least the last decade, bar none. I've actually lost count of how many World Cup, European Championship and World Championship medals they've brought home, they've won the World Championships outright in the team event and Philip's gotten a silver in the individual event, they've been cited by the Minister for Sport as being one of the best hopes Ireland has of winning an Olympic medal, and now Kevin's off basicly running the coaches committee in ISSF and the shotgun side of their training academy. That's damn hard to top.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

The Mission 2012 series is being filmed at the moment. They are going through most of the Olympic sports and I suspect that there will be an airing on TV in the run up to games time in 2012.

For the moment it was great to give a human side to our sport and to show that no matter what the sport canoeing/swimming/running/shooting that it takes a "life" commitment to achieve that level of success. The disappointment of Beijing for Derek was very well handled. Believe me when I say that Beijing was and still is a graveyard for many shooters performances. For all the sportspeople I've met and that's mostly shooters, it's a common tale of constant sacrifice and disappointment for just a few brief moments of success that are often forgotten too quickly.

Advertisement