Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker Query

Options
  • 17-05-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

A number of years ago My Wife and I had a a tracker however we went fixed for a period of 3 years and when we were taken off the fixed we were put back on to variable rate and not the tracker, we were recently just reviewing old letters we had from the bank PTSB.

Would we have grounds now for fighting this and looking for the tracker to be reinstated?

The reason we spotted it was we are in the process of switching mortgage and came across the letter from PTSB.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Darragho wrote: »
    Hi all,

A number of years ago My Wife and I had a a tracker however we went fixed for a period of 3 years and when we were taken off the fixed we were put back on to variable rate and not the tracker, we were recently just reviewing old letters we had from the bank PTSB.

Would we have grounds now for fighting this and looking for the tracker to be reinstated?

The reason we spotted it was we are in the process of switching mortgage and came across the letter from PTSB.

Thanks for your help

When you came off your fixed where you given options to with? You may have been given fixed, variable and tracker option.

Variable were lower then and a lot of people went onto these.

There is recent communication from central bank that a lot of people were not informed of the implications of decisions and have ordered banks to put these people back on trackers and compensate also for period they were on variable rate.

Advertisement